Interesting Reactions PT.2

(Barone family above)

Dinner ended wonderfully, we definitely got to know Qadira more, and we learned that her family is a small mob in Tunisia and they were going to fall by the hands of her father because he made a deal with a bigger gang and he didn't fulfill the deal so that lead him to Mr. Bernardi, Alonzo's father. Alonzo's dad helped him clear his depths with the gang who's after him and also with his personal bills, for they were getting bankrupt. All she wanted was to help her family. She's 22, three years older than myself and 4 years older than Alaine, she was shocked at the ages, and she may have felt that I was too young to get pregnant, I don't wrong her for thinking that way 'cause I think so too. We had four courses of meals including dessert, after that, we wrapped up everything and went out of the restaurant, and it was also closing time so it was necessary. Luca and I were discussing things on the car ride home.

"You see the way they looked at each other? It's like..they don't like each other but do, that's my opinion anyway" I said excitedly at the romance I saw before me as if it was my favorite romance novel

"Alonzo is a caring person, he has a soft side for women, so for all of us, maybe that's his initiative for him to care for her in that way."

"You are no fun" I pouted as I sat back into the passenger seat, he laughed. My head turned to look out the almost rolled-up window, looking at the street lights and different stores passing by.

"How we gonna tell them now Luca?.. Our parents?." I said as I touched the slightly misted glass, gliding my finger across to create a line of transparency.

"Well remember the video?" He checks his watch for a moment then puts his eyes back on the road. "It's nearly midnight, have you sent me the video?" I shook my head, "When we get home, you will send me it, and we will disperse it with them and fall asleep. "

I laughed "The way you just said fall asleep it made it sound easy, first you were going slow and steady then as you said to fall asleep it was quick and nonchalant"

He smiles "That is all we can do we had a stressful day today, mostly you, I want you to sleep" he places a hand on my thigh again, i look down at it and smile putting my hand on his and interlocking our fingers.

I took a deep breath in, then sighed loudly "Dat a stress ina mi left bress"

"What's that?" He chuckled

"I'm saying "that is stress in my left breast" it is some metaphor -something, Jamaicans use it all the time" I scoffed flashing my hand.

"Stress?..in your left breast?" Then he burst out laughing. "Oh that is golden"
He laughed more "But don't stress it "

"Aye my mother, I know for a fucking fact! She is going to ring off my cellular. Then she is going to get everyone to call me. And when it's missed you know what is going to happen when I touch Jamaica this winter? *Imitates flogging sounds* I'm going to-" At that time when I was talking too much and not paying attention, I didn't realize that Luca pulled over before I finished my sentence. I feel his soft lips on mine, he pulls away slowly leaving a tingle on my lips, making me want more.

"Don't stress about it " he looked into my open eyes, and I was shocked at the sudden kiss. My eyes relaxed on their own. Then he went in for another one. It was deeper, tender and so sweet, that I couldn't wrap my mind around how good it made me feel.

"Good now baby?" His voice went deep and raspy sending chills all over my body. I bit my lip.

"Mhm I am thank you"

"I can see you are terrified, but breathe okay? "

Fast forward we came home took separate showers and went to bed in my room, I lay down on the bed and Luca came beside me, wearing a lime green pajama pants and a white tank top. I took up my phone from the bedside table and opened it. As I opened it and clicked the gallery I stared at the ultrasound pictures. My heart cramped. Luca turned over to me. He sighed.