Sticky Notes and a Rainstorm

It's raining rn and I love it and 8_leaf_clover suggested a Karen story so here ya go ✨️

This takes place before chapter 1 so Karen still works at the bank
----------------

Karen Dunn looked at her watch. 5:32pm. Still half an hour before she gets to go home. Nobody was in the bank, just her and Frank, the security guard. She didn't wanna bother him considering how much he already dealt with on a daily basis. Hell, he dragged some Hobo claiming to be God out of the bank earlier, he's probably fed up enough with people. Not like she could make small talk anyways. It was just so tedious and uncomfortable.

Karen sat behind her desk clicking a pen and making little doodles on a pad of sticky notes. It wasn't anything special, just some horse sketches. She hadn't even noticed the rain outside until it got so loud you could hear it against the roof. She looked up to watch the rain out the glass front doors of the bank. She always thought rain was pretty to look at. Soothing to listen to and fun to draw.

She took off the sticky note she was working on and started a new one. It would be simple, just a black stallion in a rainy meadow. She got the rough sketch done, getting carried away with tiny details like mushrooms and flowers in the field, a worn out fence, the remains of a barn, and even tiny details on the horse itself like scratches and a rough mane.

Before she knew it, it was 6pm and time to go home. She said goodbye to Frank and clocked out, slipping the pad of sticky notes in her lunchbox. She pulled out an umbrella and headed home to her mediocre apartment. She didn't bother putting away her lunchbox once she got home, just sitting it on her kitchen table and getting to work on her sketch using that sticky note as a reference. She sat down at her desk and got out a large piece of paper, putting the sticky note on the neck of her desk lamp as a reference.

She got to work, making the small sketch large as she listened to the sound of the rain tapping against her window. Her apartment was small, but she still made it home. She finished the sketch, pulling out colored pencils and coloring her rough sketch. After a few mistakes of not getting the colors exactly how she wanted them, she was satisfied with her piece. She got out some black markers and started tracing out the final lines.

After two and a half hours, she sat back to look at her piece. She loved it. She was always critical of herself, but when she looked at the sticky note doodle compared to the piece she had just made, she couldn't believe she was that good of an artist. She signed her name at the bottom and got some thumbtacks out of her desk drawer, hanging the piece above her desk to remind herself that maybe her art career wasn't a complete failure.

-----------

Idk I liked the idea