Norm and Mingus try to solve a puzzle

THIS ISNT SHIPPING NORM AND MINGUS DONT BE WEIRD AND TAKE IT THAT WAY!!!!

also Tango is transfem cuz I said so >:)

---------------

It was an early morning in Dialtown. Sunlight bled through the closed purple curtains and birds chirped outside as the mayor and the sheriff sat in the nice air conditioned office together. Mingus sat at her desk, filing paperwork to finally get some potholes fixed. She'd have to pass these along to Tango later on. Norm sat back with his legs propped up on the desk, much to the annoyance of his employer, and filled out a puzzle book. Karen had gifted it to him after one of her trips, and he loved it.

The pair made small talk as per usual, talking about things to improve around the city, and Norm got to a 'finish the word' puzzle. Usually, he was good at these. Not to brag, but he was a decently intelligent guy. But there was one word that he just couldn't for the life of him figure out. F--i-e. He sat there for a moment, just staring at the puzzle. Mingus seemed to take note of this.

"So I think we should- ... Norm, are you even listening?"

"Huh? Oh, yep, sorry 'bout that, jus' got distracted."

"Distracted? What could've possibly distracted you? You're just messing around in that damn book again."

"Here, look at it. I can't tell what the word is s'pposed to be."

Mingus rolls her eyes and takes the book out of his hands. Just as she's about to berate him for seemingly messing up on such an easy word, she's silent. 

"... what is this word supposed to be? Fable?"

"Fable don't have an 'i' in it."

"Uhh... facet?"

"Still don' have an 'i' in it."

"Well excuse me for trying! It's not my fault you got a weird word!"

Norm groans and takes his book back. He sits there for a few minutes, the two of them throwing words back and forth. Mingus even suggested the word 'fungus' at some point, which made Norm burst out laughing. As the two contemplated this word for a good 10 minutes, there was a knock at the door. Tango. She walked in with a smile.

"Heya friends!!! What're you doing!!!"

"Howdy, ma'am. Jus' tryina figure out this damn word."

She walks over and gently takes the book from Norm. She chuckles.

"Ohh!!! It's supposed to be 'futile'!!!"

The two stare at her in almost shock as she happily grabs the papers, wishes them a good day, and then walks out of the office, cheery as ever.

------------------

I know it's short but I had the idea so :P