43. She Has Me

"How is Rieka?" Bronn questioned.

"It's been a week and shes barely left her bed." Tyrion answered. "Her twin was killed... I saw Cersei with her this morning and... Gods...."

"Shes a pretty wolf," cersei remarked. Rieka nodded as Avalon lay curled up in Riekas side. "Calm too."

"Thank you for not... when I first came you could have... thank you for sparing her." Rieka whispered.

"Of course." Cersei agreed touching riekas cheek. "Im sorry my sweet."

"I heard Jaime was back you must be happy."

"Hes not whole." Cersei whispered. "He was maimed."

"Hes alive." Rieka corrected.

"Im sorry."

"Cersei allow me to offer you some wisdom. Your twin is alive. You love him. You loved him for years. He is your other half. Dont throw this away. Dont push him aside. You never know when the end might come and you will miss him." Rieka reminded her. "You will miss him more than anything."

'How many Dornish men does it take to fuck a goat?' Bronn said and Tyrion let out a huff of a breath. This was turning out to be a long morning. He wanted to be with Rieka.

'Please don't.' Tyrion begged, Bronn sat down on a stump by a tree leaning against it.

'it seems to me a smart place to meet travelers is in a tavern that way one parties late the other party can drink some ale inside.' Bronn remarked.

'It is the prince of Dorne we are waiting for.' Tyrion reminded him 'not to sell sword friend.'

'If he's so damn important why did they send you to meet him?' Bronn questioned.

''There is bad blood between the Martell's of Dorne and the Lannister's of Castlery rock for years.' Tyrion reminded.

'And just in case the Martel's of Dorne spill some Lannister blood it might as well be yours?' Bronn suggested.

''I also happen to be a skilled diplomat.' Tyrion reminded him.

'Oh.' Bronn said taking another drink.

'Yeah yeah rieka said the same thing." Tyrion grumbled.  "Alright, Here we are.' Tyrion said noting the horses coming up the trail 'can you read the sigils?' Bronn looked ahead. Tyrion, Bronn and Podrick stood at attention as the dornish approached.

'yellow balls.' Bronn said squinting into the distance

'Lemon trees house thorn of lemon wood.' Podrick answered. 'A vulture grasping a baby in its talons house Blackmore.' Podrick said reading them off as they got closer 'crown and skull the leaders of King Gray.'

'The boy knows his Dornish houses.' Tyrion applauded

'I know the sigils.' Bronn said stiffly

''And House Martell a red sun pierced by a spear?' Tyrion questioned

'I don't see it my Lord.' Podrick told him.

'Well met my lords.' Tyrion said stepping forward 'your grace king Joffrey welcomes you in his name and my Lord Hand father sends his greeting as well I am Tyrion Lannister of castlery rock master of coin.' They just stared down at him. 'Forgive me.' Tyrion said looking them over 'I don't see Prince Doran in your company.'

'The princes ales have forced him to stay at Suns peak he sent his brother Oberyn in his place to attend the royal wedding in his stead.' Prince Doran was the stable Martell but Oberyn was known to be trouble.

'well I'm glad to have Prince Oberyn, as well I know king joffrey and my father the lord hand tywin Lannister will be also pleased to have the prince of dorne for this most wonderful of days.' Tyrion looked around. 'Where is he?"

'Our prince is not one for welcome parties, he arrived before dawn.'

'Yes of course, well the king would be delighted.' Tyrion said after a brief pause, 'to be in the company of a warrior such a renowned as prince Oberyn and his wedding feast.'

'Will he?' The Dornish man asked

'Of course... Very well.' Tyrion said turning around, now he had to find a possibly murderous prince roaming kings landing.  'these fine men from the city watch will escort you-' they started walking past him 'to the city watch you must be wary after such... A long journey.' Tyrion said

'Yes true diplomacy' Bronn added

'Prince Oberyn is known as the red viper.' Tyrion told them

'So you're thinking trouble?' Bronn questioned

'What do you think?' Tyrion told him

'So where now?' Bronn questioned

''We will find Prince Oberyn before he kills someone.' Tyrion suggested.

'How do you plan on finding a single Dornish man in a city full of them?' Bronn questioned.

'He just arrived in the capital after a long journey after two weeks of bad road where would you go?'

'To a proper bed but I'm getting old.' Bronn remarked.

+

''Ser jaime." Rieka remarked.

"Ahh sister." Jaime mused. "Tyrion is a lucky man."

"He is. Remind him for me." Rieka teased.

"Im sorry about Robb."

"Are you?" Rieka countered.

"He was your brother." Jaime remarked. "Im not a bad guy."

"Cersei speaks highly of you," rieka agreed.

"Cersei hates me." Jaime grumbled.

"You lost a hand. Saving a damsel?"

"Something like that." Jaime agreed.

"Cersei is mad that you were not here when she needed you,"

"I was trying to get back to her!" Jaime declared. Rieka raised her hands in surrender.

"I know that and I reminded her that she spent moons missing you... not to push you away but you know cersei better than I. Who is to say she listens?" Rieka pondered. Jaime took a step back seeing her wolf. "You meet Grey wind at robbs camps?"

"I did. Less friendly more fangs." Jaime agreed.

"Avalon say hello." Rieka suggested nodding to jaime he took another stiff step back. Avalon came up to him sniffing his leg before moving back to Riekas side.

"Cersei let you keep her?"

"Yes. You might be surprised to find out that cersei and I are friends."

"That does surprise me. Cersei doesnt have friends." Jaime corrected.

"She has me."