Part 14 Thomas

We headed down to the third class dining room and honestly I was kinda surprised by how small it was like you could fit four of these in the restaurant upstairs we went to some seats side by side surrounded by other people but they were all so kind they didn't care who I was or where I came from just happy I was there to share the time with them. We had the dinner admittedly it wasn't much but I didn't care it was so comforting the food made me feel so warm and cozy we even managed to snag a Yorkshire between us. We had small cuts of roast meats with a choice of potatoes or mash with gravy and cabin biscuits if you wanted them along with as much bread and rolls and rolls as you could stuff. I had to admit I ate my fair chair of cabin business they were really nice like a good shortbread and knowone else at the table seemed to like them so just kept passing them down to us, And finally we had little cake each for desert but I gave mine to one of the little girls from the family across from us so she didn't have to share with her big brother, and I shared with y/n even if I let her have the bigger half and much more of the cream.

I feel so happy here with y/n, often chatting with those around us about little things all the stories I leant about these people all far more interesting then any silver spoon 'self made' money I head heard in the upper decks, all the while I held her hand and this just felt like home, I couldn't help but imagine a life for us and imagine her... As my wife. Even though I'd only known her a few short days I knew I wanted to spent the rest of my life with her.
The band of guys even invited us down to another common area.

"Shall we?" She asks 

"Yeah I'd love to" I smiled so we headed down with them got a drink each and watched the madness around, smoking, drinking, dancing, arm wrestling, all the sort of pub behaviour you'd imagine. You'd think perhaps it would be frightening to be an outsider that like upstairs you'd be treated as new, different and excluded until you slowly worked your way in talking to the right people and smiling at the right times,  but they all happily welcomed me I even won an arm wrestle with a guy, it felt like forever down here and I didn't care I'd rather be down here forever then up there for even ten minutes.

"Did you want to dance?"

"Ohh uhh I'm not sure I know this dance"

"Come on it'll be fine Thomas" she giggled taking my hand so I happily followed her onto the dance floor she had to lead me a little at first but eventually we got into a rhythm of it and I couldn't stop my smiles as we danced together after a spin I pulled her into my chest and kissed her sweetly 

"I love you"

"Awww Thomas I love you too" she smiled "..but your engaged" she remained sadly

"I am. To you. if you'll have me?" I told her

"You mean it?"

"Absolutely and I promise the moment we get off this ship I'll marry you, hell I'll go up and find a priest in the chapel on C deck tomorrow morning if I have to. I want to marry you"

"Truly?"

"As true as I can mean it." 

"But we've only known each other a few days"

"I doesn't matter I've never felt this way about anyone, I couldn't even imagine getting married when my father told me I was engaged, now... The only girl I can ever imagine marrying is you, your my angel and I love you so much"

"Aww Thomas that's so sweet, Then of course I'll Marry you!" She smiled jumping into my arms, I held her as tight as I could trying not to cry from utter joy "come on we should get settled before it gets too late" she smiled

"Your right, do you mind I stay with you tonight?"
"Not at all"
"Okay then lead the way my angel"