𝐎𝐍𝐄

HAILE MICHELLE LYNN ATL, GA

HAILE MICHELLE LYNN
ATL, GA.

" Girl, why the fuck my ex hit my phone for the hundredth time?" Moriah asked, sipping on her iced mocha latte.

I quirked a brow, flipping my locs over my shoulder. " Oh? Who was it this time?"

She gave me a knowing look, " Now you know damn well who I'm talkin about."

I hummed, taking a sip of my coffee. " Mmm. Tahj?"

Moriah nodded her head, crossing her arms over her chest. " Mhmm. And you know what that nigga said?"

" What?"

" Hey Bighead," She mocked in a deep voice, causing me to giggle.

Growing up in the same neighborhood, Moriah, Tahj, and I used to be the best of friends. We all went to the same elementary, middle, and high school together. It was only the three of us, always. Then Moriah expressed to me that she had feelings for Tahj, but didn't want to admit it to him because he was a player.

But Tahj also had feelings for her, always have. So, they started dating freshman year, up until their early twenties. But then Tahj ended things with Moriah because he wanted to focus on his career. I remember how heartbroken my best friend was, and I didn't like how depressed she became after the relationship too.

Every now and then, however, Tahj would reach out to her via Instagram or messenger, and try to start a conversation. Moriah, on the other hand, wasn't going for that. That's one of the things I loved about her. She always stood by how things ended. She didn't feel the need to change things, or even try to gain some closure. Moriah was strong, independent.

She taps her acrylic nails on the table, cocking her head to the side. " The evil side of me wants to entertain his ass, then completely stop talking to him. I mean that's such a nigga thing to do, but he put me through a lot of shit. Hell, Tahj doesn't even go by his name anymore. He go by ' Pooter' and bitches just eat that shit up like it's sooo cold. Like be fuckin forreal,"

I shrugged, setting my drink aside. " All rappers don't go by their real names."

Moriah scoffs, rummaging through her tote bag and grabbing her lipgloss. " I know but like - the fuck? I mean young nudy, he got my approval of course cus that's my man and I'm delulu, but Pooter? Like you can be more creative than that."

I rest my head on my hand, " So what are you going to do? About Tahj, I mean."

She shrugged, applying a thick layer of gloss that made her lips shine. " Shake ass on a yacht,"