𝐓𝐖𝐎

HAILE MICHELLE LYNNATL, GA

HAILE MICHELLE LYNN
ATL, GA.

" I thought I told you five minutes?" Javon boomed, causing every guy in the room to glance in my direction.

I cast him a look as I walked to my booth and wrapped a cropped black apron around my waist. " Don't start, Javon."

He side eyes me, continuing to talk to the guy that sat in his chair. " Haile-"

" I'm not the one to boss around, Armani. I can easily quit and not look back, so don't even think I'm going to sit here and apologize for not being on time knowing that today was my day off." I snapped, already aggravated by his behavior.

Dj, one of the workers at the shop, whistled lowly. " Damn, I guess she told you."

" Shut the fuck up." Javon clapped back, rolling his eyes.

As I sterilized my equipment and chair, I called upon one of the guys who sat in one of the waiting chairs. i inhale deeply, clearing all of my thoughts. I greet him with a smile, " Hi, What can I do for you today?"

He plopped down in the chair, the smell of weed wafting in my nose. " Tryna get some braids done for a show tonight, so i wanna be lookin real fresh. feel me?"

I hummed, tilting his head back as I examined his hair and what I was working with. His scalp was a little dry, which could be from not washing or not putting oil on the scalp correctly.

I handed him a black mirror, looking at him through it. " So for your braids, do you want simple cornrows? or do you have an idea in mind?"

The man whistled lowly, " Shi, Ian really think about it. My girl booked the appointment last minute and just now told me. So ion really know, but what would you suggest?"

I detangle his hair with my nails, trying not to be too rough. " Since you'll be going to an event tonight, you could do corn rows, or pop smoke braids."

He massaged his beard, " Ion really fuck wit the pop smoke braids, to be real witchu. I mean dey aigh, but it's not fa me."

I nod my head in understanding, " I get what you're saying. Cornrows would be more fitting for the style your going for."

" i also want a taper fade. And i need my beard shaped up too. I'll pay whateva extra shit i have to, just get me right. " He added, looking over his shoulder at me.

I chuckled, turning his chair around. " I got you."

Just before I could even begin, I hear Adrien's voice right behind me. " Hey Haile,"