𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

HAILE MICHELLE LYNNATL, GA

HAILE MICHELLE LYNN
ATL, GA.

" I'm nervous,"

Nino chuckled, running his fingertips over my knuckles. " I ain't even pregnant and I'm nervous fa you."

In the blink of an eye, nine weeks has passed. In those nine weeks, I endured countless nights of waking up at ungodly hours of the morning/night, my craving shifting from sweets to salty foods, my baby bump has been growing each day by day, and Nino constantly has to tolerate with my attitude. And when I'm hungry? It's a whole other story.

We were currently at Rowan-Smith's Hospital, awaiting to see Dr. Kingsley who would be doing my ultrasound. I felt a lot of nerves at this moment; my mind constantly running wild at the most ridiculous things. I've wondered: Will she be able to hear my baby's heartbeat? Would I be able to know if it is a boy or a girl? Am I eating too much for the baby?

Even as I expressed these things to Nino- who sat there calmly with his hand protectively holding my belly- while sitting there calmly and listening intensively. I don't understand how he isn't afraid, how he isn't terrified of the inevitable.

I was starting to get irritated, especially since we've been here since eight in the morning. I had to pee, bad. And because they won't be able to see the baby if i didn't hold in my pee, they told me not to use the bathroom before the appointment.

I huffed, my locs swinging at the movement as I brush my hand over my eyes. " Remind me why we're here so early?"

He rubs my stomach softly, looking over his shoulder lazily. " We booked the appointment at eight forty five, mama."

I cross my arms, frowning deeply as another couple waltzes inside the building. " It's eight thirty. I want to go home and eat. And I have to pee,"

Nino chuckles, straightening his black tee with one hand. " We got fifteen minutes , Star. It'll be okay."

" I want food."

" I know baby,"

" Can we get food right now?"

" After the appointment, yes."

" But I want food now."

" I know, and you'll get some food after ya appointment."

" Sounds like you hate me." I mumbled under my breath, swatting his hand away from my belly. He keeps his hand put, only giving me a side eye at what I said. " Watch ya mouth."