Maternity leave.. Or not - Chapter 19

6 months Later (Lucy is 8 months preg)

Lucy's POV
Today is the day I have to go on maternity leave, I don't want to but I have to. I watch sadly from bed as Tim leaves the house. Tamara slept over last night and is staying for the next few days so I waddle to her room and fling open the door. She's on her laptop watching Netflix with Demi.
"Hey Mumma." She smiles as she waves to me with Demi's arm.
"Scoot over." I tell her and she listens.
"Before you get mad at me for watching shameless with her we skip the fucking and she's too young to get it!" Tamara rants.
"Yeah I know now be quiet I'm watching." I tell her as I watch the show.

At about lunch time I get fed up of waiting around at home for something that's going to happen in a whole month. I throw on one of Tim's shirt and his pants, do my hair and some makeup and then leave the house after writing a not to Tamara. I drive down to the station and waddle in and see Tim talking to Angela, when he notices me he runs over to me with Angela.
"Woah Luce you should be at home." Tim tells me.
"No it's boring I've spent the morning watching Shameless with Tamara and Demi." I complain as I finally sit at my desk.
"With Demi?" Tim asks annoyed.
"It's fine we skip the fucking." I shrug quoting Tamara making Angela laugh.
"Ok, well you need to go back home and watch some more TV. You can't be here." Tim tells me but I put my hand on his mouth to he can't talk.
"So what can I help with Ange?" I ask with a smile as Tim tries to move my hand.
"Angwa, dwn't yoo daare." Tim says from my hand. I give him a glare and he goes quiet.
"Wait did you just get Tim to be quiet with a look?" Angela asks. I nod and remove my hand.
"Lucy you need to-" Tim starts to say but I glare at him and he apologises.
"Oh my god you have him wrapped around your finger, Make him do something this is so funny!" Angela whispers to my ear.
"Tim, can you please go get me some popcorn from the vending machine?" I ask looking at his blue eyes.
"What type?" He asks ignoring Angela and Nyla who had joined the groups.
"Hm, Both?" I ask. He just nods and walks off.
"What the hell?" Nyla asks. I just sit there proudly, after a minute he comes back with a handful of snacks and a bottle of water.
"Thanks!" I smile as he dumps it on my desk.
"Girl, can I have some?" Angela asks.
"No, it's for Lucy." Tim answers firmly.
"Ok well Tim we both know I'm not going anywhere so how about you come sit out here with me and I do some work." I tell him looking at him with begging eyes.
"Sure, I'll be back just let me tell Grey your here and grab my stuff." He tells me, he leaves and I start to talk to Angela about what cases I can help her with.

Tim's POV
The rest of the day we hang out together at Lucy's desk until end of shift.
"Luce, we need to go home now." I shake her gently because she's asleep on her desk.
"Hm?" She groans as she wakes up.
"It's end of shift, we need to get you home gorgeous." I tell her.
"Yay!" She smiles, I don't know why she would chose to come in today when she's meant to be on maternity leave. I've already changed into my regular clothes so I just lift her up. Even though she has a whole other human in her she's still very light. I carry her to the car and drive home, when we pull into the driveway I'm not even surprised that she's asleep against the door. I go inside and get Tamara to help me. Tamara holds her from the drivers seat as I open the door and lift her out. It's a hassle but somehow Lucy sleeps through it all. When we get inside I change her into some comfier clothes and tuck her into bed and she's still fast asleep, I don't know how. I eat some left over dinner then cuddle up to Lucy in bed, I fall asleep quiet fast as well.