Prologue

Uncle Arron examined the spray painted picture on the wall. "Miles. I see exactly what your tryna do here man."

"You sure it isn't too much?" Miles said picking up his spray cans.

"Nah man. It's just perfect." Uncle Arron said picking up his boom box. "But I got places to be right now so let's pick it up?"

Miles picked up his bookbag and prepared to leave. "Yeah, let's dip"

Miles was about to follow Arron out of the subway until he saw a weird looking spider on his hand. Miles attempted to swat it but the spider already bit him, he still swatted it off anyway.

"Yo, Miles! I really have to go so come on!" Arron said giving Miles a slightly frustrated look.

"Yeah my bad, I was getting a few more things."

Miles and Arron left the subway and both headed home to catch some sleep.

Damn, I'm about to be in so much trouble. I'm like an hour late from when my dad told me to come home, Miles thought to himself, hitting self in the head.

Miles tried to sneakily enter his room window but got caught by his dad.

"Miles! Where have you been, it's 11:30P.M. Oh wait until your mother hears about this!" Jeff shouted at Miles, giving him a fiery look.

"Come on dad, I think I'm old enough to be out a little bit later then 10:30." He said placing down his backpack on the bed.

"Oh really?" Rio chimed in from his bedroom door.

Miles sighed and sat down on his gaming chair. "Can you at least try to hear me out?"

Hear you out? There's no excuse for being late!" Rio yelled.

"you know my rooftop party for becoming captain is tomorrow Miles. That's why I asked you to come home a little earlier then usual." Jeff sighed while picking up his backpack. "What were you doing anyway?"

Miles felt a little fear when he picked up his backpack threatening to open it. "Uhm.. Nothing?" Miles said desperately hoping he doesn't open it and find the spray cans.

Jeff looked Miles dead in the eye. "Ok." Jeff said dropping his backpack. "The only reason I('m letting you off the hook is because I don't wan't you to be in a bad mood tomorrow. Now go take a shower before you sleep. You smell like... subway people."

Miles rolled his eyes and stood up. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Miles." Rio said kissing his cheek. "Don't let this happen again, okay?"

"Ok Mami. Goodnight." He said closing his door.

Miles laid down on his bed and sunk into his own thoughts.

Subway people? Miles sniffed his arm wondering what his dad meant but when he did, He understood clearly.

After Miles took a shower he went back into his room, shut the door and lied down on his bed scrolling through Brooklyn Visions Academy's Instagram page.

Gosh I hate this school. I'm glad it's Saturday though so I don't have to go until after my dad's party.

Mile's scrolls down a little bit and suddenly feels an immense amount of tiredness. He turns off his phone pulls the cover up and goes to sleep.

Miles wakes up in a slight daze. "Ugh... my head..."

Miles tries to take the covers off of him but they stick to his hand as he attempts to release them. "What?.. Dude let go of the covers." Miles tries to throw them off of him but they just wont let go of his fingertips.

"I must be dreaming..." Miles tries to force them off of his hand but ends up ripping his covers in that attempt.

"What the hell?! Why are pieces still stuck on my hand? Seriously what the hell is going on..."

Miles gets out of his bed, rushes to the bathroom and immediately starts to run water over his hands in an attempt to wash away the stickiness.

"Why isn't it coming off?!" Miles said a bit too loudly.

"Miles! What are you doing, why is your room such a mess?!" Rio said following with banging on the bathroom door.

"Nothing Ma, just a little busy!" Miles says while still running the water.

"Just hurry up so you can clean this room!" Rio said walking off. "teenagers..."

Miles kept running water until he felt a little spark on his hand. "Ouch... where did that come from. Why is my hand slightly glowing?"

Miles looked at his hand and noticed a little yellow-orange sparks disappear as fast as they came.

"Seriously what's wrong with me. Is this puberty? No I'm... maybe?"