(S2) Chapter 9 - Ahead Of Your Time

"So, what's on the menu?" Miles looked over at Gwen who was clearly struggling.

"I... don't know. What do you want?" Gwen instantly went into the kitchen.

"Doesn't matter to me. Realistically we can just order take out and watch a movie until it gets here?" Miles said sitting at the dining table sneaking some glances at her quickly rushing around the kitchen.

"Y... yeah... that'll work." Gwen sighed and sat down beside him. "What do you want to watch?" Gwen made eye contact with him for a second and looked away shortly after.

"Hmm... it doesn't matter to me. I'm sure we'll have a good time regardless of what we watch." Miles looked at her TV in the living room.

"Okay.. well what store do you want to order from?" Gwen sat down on the couch in her living room.

"How about... some chicken wings. WingGo would really hit the spot right about now..." Miles sat down on the floor in the living room.

"Okay.. I'll pay!" Gwen quickly pulled out her phone and entered the DashDoor app.

"Nah its cool, I'll pay. I recommended it and it's sort of expensive so yea." Miles pulled out his card and handed it to Gwen. "I want a 10 boneless 10 traditional all BBQ. You can get whatever you want though."

"Are you sure? It would make more sense to just split-" Miles nodded his head and started to scroll on his phone.

"Fine... But! I'll pay you back. I promise." Gwen ordered the food and waited for it to arrive.

35 Minutes later there was a knock at the door and the food was left at the doorstep. Miles opened the door, got the food and closed the door, setting the food on the table.

"Finally.. I'm starving..." Gwen got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen.

"What did you get?" Miles started digging through the bag.

"I got a chicken sandwich with cheese curds and a mountain dew." (I ate that yesterday. It was good.) Gwen peeked in the bag.

"Okay, here you go." Miles checked his phone and didn't see a charge to his card. "Hey, did you use my card?"

"Uh... no?.." Gwen rubbed the back of her head and started to laugh awkwardly.

"It's fine. I'll just pay you back. How much did you spend?" Miles pulled out his wallet and a couple of bills, waiting for her response.

"No seriously... you shouldn't have to pay for us, I invited you so I'll pay for both of us." Gwen gestured him to put his wallet away.

"Are you positively sure?" Miles raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sure." Gwen smiled and hand fed him one of his wings.

"wh... *muffled* what ar..." Miles blushed furiously as he chewed on the wing.

"Good?" Gwen giggled.

Miles swallowed the wing and wiped his mouth with a paper towel. "Good..."

"Great. Now come on, let's choose a show." Gwen picked up her TV remote and started scrolling through.

3 Hours passed and it was 1:30A.M. in the morning.

"It's getting kind of late.. you should get going? We do have training tomorrow." Gwen turned the TV off and turned a lamp on.

"Yeah.. you're right... but first can I talk to you about something?" Miles stood up off of the floor.

"What's up?" Gwen sat down on the couch.

Miles sat on the couch and started to sweat a little bit. "So uhm.. you see, I think we are good friends, you know?"

"Yeah I think we are too." Gwen smiled, her heart pounding hard hoping this was going where she wanted it too go.

"And you see um... I think that I... I think that maybe, it is a possibility that I may of caught... some sort of feelings for you..." Miles looked away quickly after making eye contact with her.

"You do?" Gwen scooted closer to Miles.

"Yeah..." Miles kept looking any where but Gwen.

Gwen scooted really close to Miles and used her hands so his face would face hers. "Good, me too." Gwen leaned in for a kiss from Miles. Hoping he wouldn't pull back any time soon.