(S2) Chapter 2 - Universal

"Honestly... I'm not sure where we are supposed to go from here." Miles scratched his head, while walking down the side walk.

"It's not like. We can just switch dimensions so easily." Gwen crossed her arms.

"Unless, there's another collider in this dimension?" Miles said.

"Highly unlikely. We shouldn't entertain that idea." Gwen stated.

"How come?" Miles stopped walking generally confused.

"If there was multiple colliders then the world would be destroyed by now. Think about it. If on collider could do that much damage think about every dimension having one?" Gwen stopped walking with him.

"That makes a lot of sense actually." Miles said looking around. "What do we do then?"

Gwen shrugged and kept walking.

"You know what? Now that I think about it... what do you think our home life is here? Maybe there's another version of us?" Miles said raising an eyebrow, and continued walking with her.

"Maybe." Gwen continued walking.

"You don't really seem interested and trying to leave..." Miles mumbled under his breath.

"What?" Gwen looked at Miles.

"Nothing. Look, I'm hungry and it's getting a little late. I'm going to go get a snack or something. You coming?" Miles said a little snarky.

"Mhm." Gwen put her hands in her pockets.

Miles waited as the cars crossed feeling his heart beat a little faster as he realizes the situation he's in.

"Are you ok?" Gwen asked with concern in her voice.

"I'm fine. We can cross now." Miles started to walk across the street not waiting for her.

Gwen hurriedly caught up and followed Miles into the donut shop.

"So, what do you want?" Miles said holding up his wallet.

"I can pay for myself." Gwen stated.

"I know you can. But I'm paying for you. So what do you want?" Miles said handing her a small menu as the cashier waited.

"Can I get a... cream filled chocolate donut with a glass of strawberry milk?" Gwen said holding her head up at the cashier.

"And you sir?" The Cashier said typing something on the cash register.

"Can I get... 2 berry filled, pink glazed donuts with a side of 2 cookies?" Miles said handing her his card.

"$13.76" She took his card swiped it and handed it back to him. "It'll be about a 6 minute wait."

Miles nodded and walked to the nearest booth, gesturing Gwen to follow him.

Would calling someone from another dimension work? Miles took out his phone and instantly went to his contacts to see every number out of service.

"Shi- Shoot." Miles said putting his phone the table.

"What's up?" Gwen said raising her eyes from her phone.

"Calling someone wont work... I don't want to doubt us but we are pretty... screwed." Miles said putting his heads in his arms on the table. "What the hell are we going to do?"

Gwen put her hand on his shoulder. "I don't know Miles. But we'll figure it out. We'll see our families again. Ok." Gwen smiled a bit.

Miles looked up and put his head back in his arms. "Well... ok. I'm just so stressed out and I-"

"Here you go." The Server put their food on the table. "Enjoy." He said walking away.

"You were saying?" Gwen looked back at Miles.

"Nothing. Let's eat." Miles grabbed his donut and took a small bite out of it.

Hello reader! I'm so sorry for how long it took for this part to release. My keyboard broke and I had to order an entire new one and then I procrastinated for so long but it's out.