Chapter 4 - Crowded-In

Fast forward 3 hours later... (i am not writing that party.)

"Gwen? Where you at?" Miles tried to move freely through the crowd but that was difficult.

"Over here!!" Gwen waved her hand over the crowd trying to get Miles attention "By the food table!"

Miles slithered his way through the crowd in a attempt to get the food table. "Gwen, *puff* hi..."

"So many people here for your dad. That's good." Gwen said while eating a cracker of some sort.

"Too many people... It's one rooftop.. Why are there over 100 people here." Miles said straightening his fit. "I think I creased my j's.."

Gwen snickered. "I really liked that speech your dad gave. I think he'll be happy being captain."

"Yeah me too. You know what? This party is getting boring. Can you teach me how to use those web shooters now?" Miles asked while standing up on his feet.

"Shouldn't we let your dad know we're leaving? Don't want you to get in trouble because of me." Gwen shrugged her shoulders.

"Hey Miles! Come here for a bit, I want to show you something!" Jeff shouted at Miles.

"You coming?" Miles turned around and asked Gwen.

"Sure." Gwen stood up.

Miles and Gwen slithered their way through the crowd trying not to lose each other. Miles noticed Gwen was slowly falling behind so as a reflex he grabbed her hand.

"See, I told you there are too much people-" Miles stopped talking when he noticed Gwen looking at their hands blushing a little bit.

"Oh right.. I'm sor-" Miles tried to say until Jeff interrupted him.

"So I wanted to show you a picture of the badge they'll give me for my promotion. What do you think?" Jeff said excitedly holding his phone infront of Miles.

"Ooh. That's a nice gold. I like it. I think you'll enjoy being captain dad." Miles said with a slight smile on his face.

Jeff shredded a tear but instantly wiped. "Tha- Thanks Miles."

Miles tried to ignore the fact that Gwen and him were still holding hands. Why hasn't she let go yet?

"Hey dad? Can me and Gwen go uh... catch a movie?" Miles quickly got an excuse.

"No problem. Just don't be back too late." Jeff winked at Miles.

Miles hid his blush with his sleeve and walked off still holding Gwen's hand.

"M- Miles?" Gwen stuttered out.

"Hm?"

"I think we should keep holding each others hand. I don't really want any of us to get stuck in the crowd and lose each other." Gwen said looking at the floor still blushing a little bit.

Miles was a little taken back by the request but shrugged his shoulders and nodded his head in agreement.

For some reason, when walking through the crowd holding hands it seemed like people got out of the way for them.

"That was... Easy?" Miles said rubbing the back of his head.

"Yeah your not wrong. Anyway here." Gwen released the grip on Miles hand and handed him both of the web shooters. "Ready to learn how to swing?"

Miles smiled brightly then instantly followed Gwen down the rooftop stairs.