(S2) Chapter 3 - Ups And Outs

"You know, I live for this places donuts. They are like the best." Miles finishes his donut and rests a little bit.

"They're pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Good call on the place, Miles." Gwen chuckles, while picking up her phone.

Miles finishes his food and gets on his phone watching YouTube.

"It's getting pretty dark outside. We should go?" Gwen picked up her bag.

"Go where? We have nowhere to go." Miles sighed and stood up.

"I don't know Miles. But we can't sleep in a donut shop now can we?" Gwen said, slightly frustrated.

Miles looked at her and looked back down at the table. "Yeah your right. I would say let's try going home but... like you said I dont think we have one here." Miles scratched his head. "Sorry."

"For what?" Gwen looked genuinely confused.

"Nothing. I think we may have to sleep on a roof tonight or something." Miles sighed and started to exit the booth waiting for Gwen to follow.

"I'll buy blankets and pillows maybe?" Gwen's face lit up a little.

"Want me to go with you?" Miles exited the shop while holding the door for her.

"No, I'll be fine by myself. That reminds me; did all of your contacts get deleted too?" Gwen raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Can I get your number again so I can let you know what building I find?" Miles held out his phone.

Gwen nods her head, taking his phone and entering her number. "Alright, text me in about 8 minutes?"

Miles put his ski mask on. "Mmhmm." Miles swung off trying to find a building.

15 minutes later, after setting everything up they finally settled on top of the roof.

"Ah, there we go." Gwen put her hands on her hips and smiled.

"Hopefully it doesn't rain. I should of brought a tent just incase." Miles chuckled while sitting on one of the blankets.

Gwen sat on the one next to him but lied down instead.

"Hey Gwen?" Miles looked to his left.

"Yeah what's up?" Gwen looked to her right.

"How are you taking all of this in? How are you so calm about all of this?" Miles said looking at the stars.

Gwen looked at the stars too, looking for an answer to his question. "Honestly... I don't really know. I just guess I thought we might be able to go back to our original dimension if we try hard enough."

"I.. I wish I could be like you..." Miles smiled and looked into her eyes. "Your calm about a lot of things even in stressful situations like this."

Gwen sat up and scooched closer to him, while locking eye contact with him too. "Well your not to bad yourself... other than the fact that you don't have a suit." Gwen giggled and they continued to look at each other.

Miles slowly started to move his face towards her's and she did the same.

As they were about to make contact, Gwen glitched, screaming slightly in pain. Gwen stopped glitching after 4 seconds. Miles held her up, checking her for any sort of visual pain.

"Damn, you were right that shit hurts..." Gwen rubbed her arm.

"I don't think I ever heard you curse before... sounds like a child saying it. But seriously, are you ok?" Miles let go of her and let her lay down.

"I try not too but that's an excuse right?" Gwen chuckled groaning a little bit.

"I guess." Miles lied down getting ready to go to sleep.

After a little bit of time, they both realized what was about to happen before that and went to sleep, smiling  and blushing.

Hey another little note. So I need a little more support. What do you guys prefer?

1 chapter posted every Monday and Saturday. It will be longer then the usual chapters at around 800 - 1200 words.

1 chapter posted Monday, Thursday and Sunday. It will be shorter at around 400-650 words.

Comment what you prefer.