14

We were relaxing in the living room when the front door was flung open.

I looked over at Mile questioningly but he was just as confused as I was.

"Is it a serial killer?''shrieked Tong as he ducked behind the couch in fear.

"They're here for you,''I teased and his face turned pale.

"Why are we the last ones to know we're going to have grandchildren?!''

Shit..I should've guessed.

"It's almost midnight..did you really travel this late?''I asked them as they barged into the house.

"Didn't you hear what we just said?why are we the last ones to know..do you know how worried I was when I heard it from Tong?''asked my mum.

I glared over at him and he just chuckled nervously"It was just a slip of the tongue,''

I tried looking over to Mile for backup but he was also being scolded by our parents.

I sighed defeatedly and motioned her to sit taking her hands in mine.

"Mum..calm down..I'm fine and healthy..I've been taking good care of myself and I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner..I wanted to tell you just after I figured out but I didn't want to stress you guys while you were on vacation,''

Her eyes softened and she cupped my face in her hand."I'm your mother honey..you should never be scared to tell me anything ok?''she said smiling warmly at me.

I loved her so much and I felt bad for keeping her in the dark.

"What's the biological explanation for this anyway?''she asked rubbing my bump surprised.

"I don't know.. aren't you disturbed by it?''I asked nervously.

"Ofcourse I'm not..you're gorgeous,''

I smiled widely at her and she pinched my cheeks.
"Mile has been telling me that on a daily basis,''I said.

"Ohoo Po I know he's your husband but you don't have to compare us in everything,''she said wearing a hurt expression.

"Are you jealous?''I asked trying not to laugh.

"A little,''she admitted still pouting.

"You're still my favourite mum and you'll always be,''

"Oii I heard that,''my dad said scowling.

"Heard what?''asked Mile's mum.

"He said that his mum shouldn't tell us that he said she's her favourite,''Miles dad added.

"Nooo! I didn't say that you're exaggerating!''I protested and my mum just laughed.

"You know Mile is the one who gets jealous a lot I see where he got it from,''

My mother just rolled her eyes,"enough is enough..Mile this Mile that... Mile son come here and sit with your husband he can't go a single minute without speaking of you yet you are always together,''she said motioning Mile over.

He sat beside me and linked our fingers.

"That's because I'm amazing,''he said proudly.

My mother scoffed in reply.

"Then you should've given birth to him,''she replied.

"Ok you've got me there,''Mile replied and we all burst into laughter.

I never understood the constant competition between my mother and him..every time they were together they always held competitions about who does what best.