27

Apo

The house was oddly quiet.

And for me..no other sound scared me as much as silence did.

I had gotten used to chaos so much that the silence was suspicious for me.

"What the hell happened in here,''I asked as I stepped on a couple of coffee cups.

"You look like a ghost,''

I was trying my best not to laugh.

Mile was seated across the room typing something on his laptop.

He turned around when he heard my voice.. coffee on his hand.

"Po..those.. aren't.. kids..''he started..pointing at the nursery room way across the room.

Before he finished I burst into laughter.

I just couldn't take it anymore..he seemed traumatized..but not to the point of insanity like I almost was.

"You get used it,''I said as I made my way across the room and settled on his lap.

"Did I wake you?''he asked snaking his hands around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder.

"You haven't even slept yet you're still worried about me who has slept for nine hours with no interruption,''

"Yeah..you slept like a log.. although I can't even dare to think of how one month of this can affect someone..you sure you're ok?''he asked again.

"I'm fine P'Mile..thank you for caring,''I replied kissing his forehead."what are you doing anyway?''

"Some work..I won't go to the office for a while,''

"What why?won't that be risky?''

"A little bit but I want to help you and no amount of convincing can change my mind,''

I chuckled.

"I wasn't going to convince you Phee..atleast you'll get to see me work out,''

"Forget about it Nong..I'm staying for the kids not you,''he replied and I grabbed my chest feigning hurt.

"I know that's not entirely the reason you're staying but ok I'll let you win since you worked so hard yesternight,''

"Don't I deserve atleast a reward for that?''he asked pulling me close to him..although I don't think we should call each other Nong and phee''

"Sure you deserve the reward but I don't hear you complaining when I call you P'Mile,''

"It's different..no arguments..now back to that reward,''he said leaning towards me.

I mirrored his actions also leaning towards him.

Just when our lips were about to touch..we were rudely interrupted..again.

We both groaned loudly as I got off of him.

"I swear Phoenix has something against us,''Mile said gathering the cups from the floor.