24

The ride back home was quiet.

Only Mipo's and Phoenix's coos and giggles could be heard.

Mile wasn't frowning anymore but he wasn't his usual happy self.

I really hoped it wouldn't come to this.

I put my hand over his trying to get atleast a smile out of him.

Nothing.

He didn't even react to the small gesture.

"Are you ok Mile?''

Whoever this Kyle guy was...it's clear he had a problem with Mile.

He kept his gaze straight ahead.

I know it wouldn't help if both of us got annoyed but he wasn't necessarily making the situation any easier.

"P'Mile I won't sit here and be ignored by you,''

I was genuinely worried about him but he didn't even bother to tell me what was going on his mind.

He sighed deeply running a hand over his hair.

"There's no use Apo,''he replied and if I didn't get the cue to leave him alone earlier..I definitely did now.

I wasn't going to waste any more time trying to console someone who obviously has no interest in my services whatsoever.

"Noted,''

I shifted my focus to my precious angels who were happy without a care in the world.

How I missed those moments where I didn't have to worry about anything at all.

We are husbands..I don't think such small arguments should be drifting us apart.

I looked over at him when we got home.

He was still ignoring me so I just sighed,took the kids and left first.

The neighbouring lights were on so that means someone moved in.

It had been empty since our last neighbours left an year ago.

They were a lovely couple.

Mile made dinner and settled as I washed the dishes.

All this was done in silence.

No hugs from behind..no attack kisses..no compliments.

Mipo and Phoenix also seemed to catch up on the change of moods since they slept earlier than usual.

Mipo and Phoenix would start their vaccines in a few weeks time and I had to brace myself for that because the doctor said it wouldn't be easy.

"Are we going to keep ignoring each other like we aren't married?''I asked when we got in bed.

"I'm just tired Po,''

Lord knows I've tried my best for the day.

If he wanted to be quiet for the rest of his life then let him suit himself.

"Where are you going?''he sat up and asked as I took extra pillows and blankets from the wardrobe.

"The guest's room,''

This behaviour..I hated it and I don't think I would be able to tolerate if I were near him..I would say things I don't mean and end up hurting him.

He opened his mouth as if to protest then remained quiet.

On the bright side..I would toss and turn all I like right?

I tried convincing myself which turned out poorly.