25

After cleaning up we lay in each others arms.

None of us dared to break the silence for a while.

His arms snaked around my waist pulling me closer to him and wrapping his arms around me.

"Are you ok?''he finally asked breaking the silence.

"Yeah I guess,''

"You guess or you know?''

He was now facing me.

"P'Mile..why are we avoiding the elephant in the room?''

"Are we seriously using metaphors now?''

I rolled my eyes in response.. ofcourse he was trying to find a way out but I wouldn't let him.

"P'Mile I need you to be straight with me and obviously there's some things we need to clear or we'll end up having the same situation again,''

He sighed in defeat...which was a good sign.

"I'm sorry Po..I know we should be sharing everything with each other but sometimes I can't help but feel like I'll burden you with my problems,''

"P'Mile..you tolerated me when I was expectant..that has got to be the biggest burden anyone could withstand,''

"You weren't the worst when you were in that state but let me say I had a few sleepless nights because of your tantrums,''

I scoffed in reply.

"What do you mean tantrums? weren't you the one who caused this?''

He was smiling..and this time it wasn't forced or influenced.

"I love you Po..and I'll always do,''

I missed the sound of that..I kissed him tenderly in reply.

I suppose we both had a lot to work on..but atleast we were willing to accept our mistakes and work through them.

"I love you too P'Mile,''

We both lay naked on the bed with our legs tangled in each other.

He startled me when we pulled me on top of him.

I pressed my arms tight against myself just incase he was planning on tickling me.

"P'Mile...don't..we're going to wake the kids up,''I said trying to push him off.

He didn't budge.

Seems like tickling me wasn't his agenda..he had something else in his eyes.

Oh how I missed that look that sent chills down my spine.

"Round two?''he asked and I nodded enthusiastically.

We both giggled as he pulled the covers over us.

***

"Ohoo P'Mile get up already you'll be late for work!''

He was groaning in protest when I shook him vigorously.

I lost count of how many rounds we went last night.

My body was all sore and I was exhausted but he still needed me to wake him up.

"Mile don't make me repeat what I did back in Maldives,''I said and he sprang up immediately.

"Heyy..easy there tiger..there's no need for such measures,''he said raising his hands in the air.

"So you were awake but you just had fun playing with me right?''