23

We talked and laughed over breakfast.

Our parents had stayed and supported us for months and now they were leaving.

I have to admit..I was going to miss the soap operas they watched every night and my mother and Mile's tough love.

"Oho I need to see my grandkids better than I left them,''Nathanee said as they all took turns to hug us.

"Remember..you two are now parents...always be there for your kids no matter how hard it was,''

That advice prepared me for countless of sleepless nights.

Mile and I stood hand in hand waving at them as they left.

Mipo and Phoenix crawled out of the livingroom tugging at our feet.

We picked them up and placed them in their strollers.

The house was bigger and more quiet with our parents and friends gone.

That would all change in a few years time though after Mipo and Phoenix were all grown.

The house would be full of chaos and orders.

"What are you thinking about?''Mile asked sliding his arms around me from behind.

"How fucked we are,''I said and he smiled.

"Yes we are..Mipo and Phoenix are about to torture us to the brink of death but atleast we're together right?''

I liked the way the word "together'' always rolled off his tongue.

"Lucky for you family..it's our day off..we can either spend the whole day indoors or go to the beach,''

He seemed so enthusiastic about spending time with us.

He was going to be a great dad.

"I guess the beach it is,''

Besides..it would help us unwind before the long week ahead of us.

***

The beach was almost empty and the people around were countable.

"Why is it so empty anyway?''

"Remember it's not a weekend nor a holiday P'Mile..you declared the day free,''I replied.

"Baby..shall we?''he asked holding out his hand to me.

As much as jumping in the ocean in the middle of a very sunny day sounds tempting..we couldn't necessarily leave Mipo and Phoenix alone.

"Hard pass daddy,''I replied lying on the hammock.

"Ohh call me that again,''he said stopping in his tracks and turning back.

"P'Mile don't come any closer,''I said preparing to run any moment from now.

He rushed towards me and as I was struggling to get out of the hammock in a rush..it turned over sending me to the ground ass first.

Mipo and Phoenix seemed to enjoy as they giggled heartily.

Mile was trying his best to stifle his laugh but immediately I looked at him..his facade wore off and he burst out laughing.

"P'Mile!help me up my ass hurts!''

He helped me rise to my feet still laughing.