37

Mile:

I'm used to it by now.

Waiting late in the night for him to come back home.

I never sleep unless he is back safe and sound.

I had made our anniversary dinner and placed the flowers in the vase.

The candles that I had lit were half burnt and the food was cold.

Mipo and Phoenix went to bed earlier because they had school the next day so I opened the TV to watch something to pass time.

I have to admit that I was hurt this time.

He arrived an hour past midnight and I was on my fourth cup of coffee.

"Hi P'Mile..thank you for waiting but you know you didn't have to,''he said smiling.

"It's because I actually care about you,''

"What?you're saying it as if I don't care about you,''

"Well do you?do you really care about me Apo?''

"P'Mile...where did all this come from did I do something wro-''

"Baby I'm fed up ok?I can't take it anymore,''

"Can't take what anymore P'Mile just tell me straight up what is bothering you,''

"Did you even fucking know that it's our anniversary today?''

"Mile..just calm down ofcourse I knew..I wouldn't forget,''

"Liar,''

"Milee..''

"What did you do about it huh? I've been up and down the whole day making sure everything was perfect because I knew you would atleast show up for dinner but just look at this,''I pointed at the dining table where the candle wax had melted.

"Mile I b-''

"Do you know how many hours I spent on everything?I get work is important to you but I also go to work and I ditch everything when it comes to you guys because you're my first priority..I love you guys so much..''

"Mile enough,''

I was angry so the words just kept flowing out.

"But baby you don't care about me at all..you don't care about how worried sick I am every night and day..I can't even kiss my husband goodnight nowadays because he's too busy with his work,''

"ENOUGH!''he repeated more sternly this time.

That caught me off guard.

"I understand you're angry Mile but I don't have it as easy as you think because I'm working my ass off to complete my projects for the next 3 months so I can spend more time with you yet you talk about me not caring?..you don't know what I go through at work and still manage to come back here in one piece..I stay strong for you guys and I'm working hard to also provide for this family Mile don't talk to me about not caring..what do you want me to do instead huh?stay in the house cooking and cleaning all day?''