17

Apo's pov:

"Baby you can do this just breathe,''

I tried making out the voices around me as I drifted into and out of consciousness.

The last thing I saw before getting this strong wave of contraction was my mother's deep frown as she held my hand firmly assuring me that everything was going to work out well.

Everything happened so fast and next thing I knew I was in a hospital bed surrounded by the familiar white ceiling and smell of medicine.

Good thing I passed that nausea stage.

"The contractions are intensifying we should do this sooner or else we'll lose them both,''said the doctor.

"What do you mean by that?''

"C-section,''

I turned around just in time to see Mile's pained expression.

They didn't notice I was awake as they continued their conversation.

"But his water hasn't even broken yet!''Nathanee said as our fathers paced around the room nervously.

"There has to be another way..C-section is far too risky,''

"I understand your concerns but it's the quickest chance we have if we're gonna save them in time,''

"What percentage of success is there if we do this?''asked Mile.

"I'll say about 50%,''

"No...no way I'm risking this..I need them all in my life..there's no way you're telling me I'll have to lose one of them if this doesn't work,''

"But Mr Phakphum..''

"No..my answer is final,''

"Ok..we have about 2 hours..if his water doesn't break then I'm sorry but we'll have to do the C-section because there is no way I'm losing them all..Apo is my friend too and I just can't sit around and watch him die Mile,''

Mile seemed troubled..like he had more to say but he just kept silent and nodded his head in agreement.

They turned around and found me staring at them.

"Hi baby..let's take a walk around for a bit ok?''

Mile was the first to rush beside me and help me get out of the bed.

"Where are we going?''

"Just a walk around the hospital compound..it's good for you,''said my mother as she wrapped me in a warm embrace.

"Aren't you coming?''I asked as she went back to her chair.

"Honey you need to talk this out with Mile ok? I'll be right here when your back.. we'll all be right here for you,''

As we walked around the compound...we came across many mothers who had already delivered.

They stared at the babies in their arms happily but they looked so exhausted.

"Baby you can tell me what's on your mind,''Mile said as he gently squeezed my hand.

I sighed deeply and finally admitted.

"I'm scared Mile..as much as I'm happy..I've never experienced anything like this before and I heard your conversation earlier about losing one of us if this goes wrong and I'm not ready for that P'Mile,''

He didn't say anything for a while as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm scared too but we'll go through this together..I promise.. we're all here for you and we'll be here till the very end,''

"Thank you..I needed to hear that,''I replied and he gently kissed my forehead.

We walked for a while and as we were going back I was hit by another strong wave of contraction..to be specific a stronger one.

This time I felt a liquid trickling down my legs.

It was really time!My water finally broke.

The doctors came over with a stretcher and rushed me to the maternity room.

The wave hit me so hard that I had a hard time stabilizing my breathing.

"GET IT OUT OF ME!''I yelled as the doctor rushed beside me.

"Just breathe steadily through you're mouth..yes like that you're doing so great,''

I felt like my bones were actually fracturing and rearranging themselves.

I've gone through all types of pain but this...I'll most definitely never forget this.

Mile held my hand firmly just as he had promised and smiled weakly at me.

I would've returned the smile if I didn't feel like crushing a wall.

The accompanying mood changes were so intense..I was feeling everything at once and it was overwhelming.

"Ok good now that your breath is stabilized I need you to push..with all your strength..just do it I know you can,''

I don't want to go into detail about all the tantrums I threw or all the screaming and yelling when I was pushing but all I heard before everything turned black were baby cries and excited voices saying I made it.

That was enough to put me at ease.

At least now I could rest knowing that I had overcome the part I dreaded most.

Miles pov:

"Doctor his breathing rate is dropping!''yelled the nurse.

"Is he going to be ok?what is going on?''I asked suddenly panicking at the mention of "heart rate dropping''

"He lost a lot of blood!quick nurse bring the IV!''

"What is going on?Is my son going to be ok?''

"He lost a lot of blood(postpartum hemorrhage)and there's no sufficient supply of blood to the brain so he has fallen unconscious,''replied the doctor.

"This IV is enough to stabilise him.. hopefully..after that he will need a lot of fluids and rest,''

Even though I tried to hide my anxiety the doctor could see right through me.

"It's ok Mile..I understand how you all must be feeling but right now the best you can do is take care of his angels for him and hope that he wakes up soon..the girl has your eyes Mile and the boy's eyes totally matches Apo's,''the doctor said smiling and left the room.

"Mile..you should go rest we have it from here,''his mother said as she put a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"I'm not going anywhere..I'm staying here with my husband and kids..I'll wait for him until he wakes up..''

"Mile..''

"My decision is final..you can go without me,''

"I should've known you would say this..so stubborn..you make me seem like a bad mother..oii! anyway I'll go get our stuff and we're staying here with you because I know you don't know the first thing about baby care,''his mother said managing to get a smile out of me.

"Thanks mum,''I said referring to both of them.

"Don't worry son...we'll wait for him,''my mum said as she hugged me tightly.

Authors note:

Ahhhh my niece and nephew are heree 😭❤️but papa Apo is on the line here🥲..
Enjoy everyone and don't forget to vote and comment naaaa❤️