38

Apo.

"What are you thinking about?''Mile asked hugging me from behind.

I rest my head on his shoulder relishing the feeling.

"P'Mile do you think I'm too obsessed with my work?''

"Should I be honest or tell you sweet words?''

"When have I ever asked for sweet words from you?''

"You're right..baby I just feel like you're trying too hard to impress us,''

I frowned.

"Impress you? How?''

He turned me around to face him.

"Listen baby..you're the most hardworking person I know and you deserve all the great things..I know you're trying to prove a point but no need to be so hard on yourself..the kids and I are always here with you and they miss you so much..as much as I do and they're also worried,''

"But once I'm done with everything I'll be able to stay with you guys full time,''

"By that time the kids may distance themselves from you..you're amazing and talented but you can't do everything at once honey,''

He lovingly stroked my cheeks.

"You know I love you guys to death right?''I said hugging him.

He wrapping his hands protectively around me.

"Yes..we love you too Po..I couldn't do this without you..you really struggled and you deserve to feel alive again,''

He pressed his lips to mine and I held onto him tightly.

I tried pulling back after a while but he held me tightly.

"Let's stay like this for a while,''he said and deepened the kiss sliding his tongue in my mouth.

I kissed him back with the same  fervour.

"Ahem!''

Mipo and Phoenix had woken up.

We broke the kiss panting.

"Hey babies..come here,''I said and opened my arms at them.

"Papa!we missed you so much,''they said rushing towards me excitedly but they didn't return the hug.

"Since when?''I whispered to Mile.

"They say they're too grown up for hugs now,''he replied trying not to laugh.

"What?but you guys used to love hugs''

"Used to is past tense papa,''Phoenix replied.

"Ok fine but I'll still hug you guys I don't care if it's embarrassing I'm your papa,''I replied and went to the dining table before they could protest.

"Are you guys going to keep standing there?come on let's have breakfast,''

"Mhh looks tasty..I missed your pancakes,''said Mipo.