30

4 years.

Mipo and Phoenix were almost starting their school year.

They had already learnt a lot as the years passed by.

It was their fourth birthday and we made sure to give them the best birthday parties that we only got to dream of as we grew up.

"YOUR FAVOURITE UNCLE IS HERE!''Tong said as he walked in the room with the cakes on both his arms.

"Ohoo Be careful,''

I rushed to his side and took the cakes from him before he dropped them.

He was too excited to care about anything he was carrying at the moment.

"Papa I want to eat cake,''whined Phoenix as he tugged onto my leg.

"Honey you have to wait and be patient ok? you'll eat all the cake you want later on,''

He wasn't too thrilled about it but nodded regardless.

"Ok go ahead and play with your sister now,''

I had a lot to do..the decorations to put up..tables to serve and making lunch at the same time.

"Hey mama..do you need some help?''

Those familiar arms wrapped around my waist.

"P'Mile..I told you not to call me that,''

I was tired of correcting him..I would let him call me whatever he wanted.

"It's so catchy baby..sorry,''

He moved closer pressing his body against mine and resting his head on my shoulder.

I dropped the rug I was carrying and turned to face him.

"P'Mile..do you have no shame at all?''

"Au? What did I do?''

"Oho can't you see there's people around?''

"I still don't get it,''he replied tightening his grip around me.

"Phakphum...your lower body is pressing against my back..I can't focus on what I'm doing,''

He smiled mischievously.

"Are you saying I'm a great distraction?''

"When did I add the word great there?''

"Oh come on I know I'm irresistible,''

Before I could answer Phoenix ran towards us.

"Papa! I need a hug too,''he said trying to climb on my leg.

"Ok honey come here,''I replied sliding off of Mile's embrace and lifting Phoenix in my arms.

"This isn't fair..he's been taking all your time lately,''Mile said and I laughed thinking he was joking but he kept a straight face.

"Oh you're serious?come on P'Mile he's just a child ofcourse he needs my attention,''

"But I found you first..I need your attention too,''

I stared at him unbelievably but he remained unfazed.

"What?''he finally asked.

"I can't believe you're jealous of your own child,''

"Well he's demanding too much..and he  only miraculously needs hugs from nowhere only when I'm spending time with you,''

Phoenix wasn't the slightest bit bothered.

He clung onto me like a koala and held tighter when  Mile kept whining.

"Hey Phakphum cut the kid some slack..and if you want to join him so bad I know a place where  diapers your size are sold,''Jeff said and we all burst out laughing except for Mile who just rolled his eyes in reply.