33| I've been missing you

Adwait stretched his neck from side to side, making a satisfying crackling sound, then rolled his shoulders smoothly to ease the strain from his exhausting nine-hour flight

Looking around for a car, his attention was caught by a man approaching with a formal air about him.

"Hello, Mr. Scindia. Welcome aboard. I'm Joseph Brown, Mr. Wilson's assistant," he greeted warmly, extending his hand. Adwait shook it with a smile.

"Hello, Mr. Brown. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Please, come this way," Mr. Brown motioned toward a slick black Mercedes S-Class parked nearby. Adwait gave a nod of thanks and headed over to the fancy ride.

The chauffeur expertly loaded his luggage into the car. Once everything was set, Adwait slipped into the backseat and got comfortable while Mr. Brown took the passenger seat up front next to the driver.

Adwait retrieved his phone composed a text message to Nitya, the first person he felt compelled to inform about his arrival. She had been upset with him for not keeping her informed about his airport arrival, and he couldn't bear to upset his woman any further.

I have arrived. I will text you once I reach the hotel.

He quickly let his mom know and then set his phone down, gazing out the car window, soaking in the lively cityscape as they cruised along. 

Just then, his phone chimed, and he eagerly picked it up, seeing a message from Nitya waiting for him.

Don't forget to eat something.

Amused, he let out a soft chuckle, finding her text utterly endearing and cute.

She and her endless love for food.

As you wish, my Sweetheart.

He reclined on the plush car seat, closing his eyes. Letting out a soft sigh, he let his mind drift, picturing her vividly in his thoughts.
.
.
.
.
.

"The specific details, such as cost-sharing for operations and ongoing capital expenditures, can be further discussed in our further meetings." Adwait presented the file to Mr. Wilson.

"That sounds more than fair, Mr. Scindia. We can proceed to work out the finer details and make a comprehensive agreement." Mr. Wilson responded, satisfied with the proposal.

"Very well, then. We will have everything settled within two days." Niharika replied.

"I eagerly await your update," Mr. Wilson rose from his seat and extended a handshake to both Adwait and Niharika.

Once he and his assistant stepped out of the room, Niharika let out a long breath she'd been holding and sank into her chair with a soft thud. "Thank goodness. It went even better than we thought."