Prologue

"Elizabeth! What do you think you are doing?!?" I heard my mother's angered voice.

Then I suddenly felt two ice cold hands grab my arms, and two warmer hands grip my hands grabbing my legs. The weird sensation of other people touching my body spread shivers down my spine. I started coughing like crazy the second the warmth of the bath water left my senses.

"What are you doing Elle?!" My father asked in fear and shock, finding his eldest daughter trying to drown herself, to end her suffering everyone calls "her life". It looked like his brain was going to explode from rage and heartbreak.

"Well, if you want the truth, I figured that you guys didn't care if I died or not." I replied calmly with no emotion in my cold eyes, making no big deal about this situation.

As I caught my breath, I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my nude body, feeling really uncomfortable around my parents in this specific situation and position. Suddenly, I thought my day could get way less bad until I heard an annoying, squeaky voice outside of the bathroom door,

"OH MY GOD! I heard the words, 'Elle', and 'die'. Is it true? Is she dead?" My younger sister, Skye, applauded in excitement.

"No, Skye she isn't dead." My mom said, rolling her eyes and sighed as she flung the door open and walked out, sounding like I had just killed a part of her inside, instead of myself.

"Bummer." Skye said disappointed as her smile turned into a frown. I rolled my eyes and broke the silence,

"Well, then, I guess I should go and get ready for school." I said in a peppy mood. It was an awkward moment for my family, they were acting sentimental and it was an interesting experience. So, I tried my best to avoid it.