Chapter 24

I thought that my life would've gotten easier. After all Jay and I were in a good place and so were my sister and I. I never thought that I would end up in the back of a van, tied up, with duck tape over my lips. I didn't know what was happening. I couldn't tell who my kid-knapper was. All I would tell was that it was a middle aged woman. I couldn't comprehend what was happening or if anyone even noticed that I was missing. But all I knew was that I knew I could protect myself.

I felt the van come to a complete halt. I closed my eyes to pretend I was still unconscious. I ended up peeking my eye open as she carried me into a home. I knew this house, it seemed oddly familiar. I thought long and hard until I remembered. Jay. This was his house. He was right, his mom is coming after me and I don't even know why.

She threw me on the living room couch. Making my eyes fly wide open. She ripped the tape off of my mouth like it was a bandaid. I didn't even flinch. After the whole thing that happened with Skye and her trying to kill me, this was nothing.

"You. What do you want with me?" I asked with an attitude.

"You took everything from me. And now you are going to pay for it." She said with a cold tone of voice.

"What are you talking about? I took nothing from you. You do realize that people are going to notice that I am gone and will come looking for me?" I said pretending that I didn't know who she was.

"Yes, that's what I am counting on. Now, sit there and don't move. I wouldn't want to hurt such a pretty face." She touched my face and walked out of the room.

A few hours passed, I was still alone in this vivid living room. I had gotten out of the rope that binned my hands together. But I didn't leave, I knew who she wanted to walk through that door and I knew that any second now, Jay would come waltzing through that front door to try and rescue me.

"Ah, I see you got out of the ropes. I didn't think you had it in you." She said, moving to the window to look out the blinds.

"What is it that you want from me? If you're going to kill me, just do it already. I don't see the point in stalling." I said.

"Not just yet. I am waiting for someone." She ventured.

"You mean you're waiting for Jay?" I asked not looking up at her.

"How do you know who I am waiting for?" She asked sitting on the coffee table in front of me.

"You really don't think I remember you? Jay's mother. The one who was so kinds to me the first day we met. Yeah, I remember you." I laid on her.

She stood up and I did the same and faced her. Without hesitation, she pulled out her gun and pointed it at my face.

"I didn't take Jay from you, you lost him the second you chose yourself over your own son." I snarked. Her face hardened, realizing Jay had told me what happened to his father.

As if on cue, Jay walked through the door. His mother beginning to corner me.

"How did you know to come here?" His mother turned to him.

"It didn't take a genius to figure it out." He said getting angrier as seconds passed us by.

Jay began to come toward me but I stopped him, "Jay don't." He knew what that meant and he backed off.

"You don't belong with her. You belong here with me." His mom retorted.

"You lost me years ago mother. That is never going to change." Jay said. "I'm not staying with you. You left me when I needed to be protected. And so that's what I am going to do with you. Elle is my future and you are not allowed to come in out of nowhere and change that." Jay vented.