Chapter 7

Jay and I are sitting at a booth in the diner laughing, talking, and sharing a milkshake. I was taking a sip of the milkshake savoring the chocolatey flavor when Jay spoke up,

"Elle? I want to tell you something important." Jay sighed fiddling with his fingers.

"Okay? What is it?" I asked looking deep into his soulful blue eyes, in suspense of what he was going to say to me.

As he is hesitant to say what he needs to say, I put the straw in my mouth and take another sip of the shake,

"I want to meet your parents." Jay said, making me choke on the drink in front of me.

"My parents? Uh, I don't know about that Jay." I said, clearing my throat.

"What? Why not?" He says, sounding devastated.

I don't know how to explain this to him, my parents don't trust me like they trust Skye. It's always been that way. Skye always got what she wanted and what I wanted for that matter.

"Because my parents won't accept me dating someone like-" I was cut off by Jay's sorrow.

"Like me?" He asked with his eyes staring at his lap.

"Yeah, Jay. I'm really sorry." I said, feeling as if I had let him down in so many ways.

"No, I understand. Your parents are the type of parents who like to choose their daughters' boyfriends. Right?" He asks as if he had read my mind.

"Yes, exactly. I am so grateful that you actually understand." I said relieved.

"Elle? I still want to meet them; I hate sneaking around like this. Please?" Jay begged.

It seemed like he really wanted this. So, in that case I once again gave into his charms and called my mother.

"Mom? I was wondering if you would like to meet my, uh, my crush." I said carefully of the words that came out of my mouth.

"Daniel? Sure." She sounded a little too thrilled about the news.

"No, no, mom. Jay. His name is Jay." I reassured her.

She hesitated and her breath hitched, "Sure, I would like to meet this Jay fella. Have him over for dinner tonight. Does 8 work?" Mom asks, giving in almost as easy as I did.

"Uh, yeah that's fine mom, thanks." I hung up and looked at Jay with a disappointed look.

"She said no, didn't she?" Jay looked sad again.

My frown turned into a huge smile. He looked up at me and his face softened,

"you tricked me, didn't you?" He said with a smile. I nodded my head and laughed. He and I stood up and he swept me off of my feet and twirled me around, and finally he kissed me. We left the check and tip and left to get ready for dinner.

I really hope my parents accept Jay for who he is, because I really think that I am falling for him. 8 o'clock sneaks up on us faster than we thought it would. I was at Jay's house getting ready for dinner.

I put on my rose gold summer dress, with my gold 4-inch heels, my hair is curled and in a messy ponytail with a few strands hanging loose, and a light layer of natural makeup.

I walk out of Jay's bathroom and he is putting on a nice tux, and he sees me in the reflection in his mirror and turns quickly and stares at me in awe, looking at me from head to toe.

"Too much?" I asked spinning around.

"You look... Beautiful." he said, his eyes wide.

"We should get going." I said as he held out his elbow, I linked my arm around his. We looked very sophisticated if I should say so myself.