Chapter 12

It was a very long weekend, but I wasn't complaining. I felt like my life was finally turning around into something magical. But yet again, my life has never ever worked out like that. There has always been that constant fear that is so overwhelming, it makes everything worse. You know that fear? The one where you feel like you are going to disappoint the ones you care about, and that you are going to let them down. And it scares the hell out of me.

Angel, Jay, and I drove a long way home. Ever since we left the hotel Jay has been a bit distant. I woke up and rolled to cuddle him but the bed was cold, as if he hadn't slept in it at all. I tried kissing him good morning but he walked away when I wrapped my arms around his waist, as if I was invisible.

We were on the highway, and I turned my head to the passenger seat with my eyes curious and hurt.

I was so worried about Jay; something didn't feel right. I came to the conclusion that I was going to call him out about it. I decided to ignore it on the road, so I blasted the radio connected to my phone and tried to lighten the mood. Eventually, Angel joined in. But Jay stayed the same, it kind of bummed me out. I was beginning to get even more worried.

We finally got back into town, and I dropped off Angel. Before we left the hotel, Jay said that I could go to his house for a little while and I was definitely going to take that offer to talk to him. I parked the car in his driveway and the second I put it in park he was out of the door, he grabbed his bags and bolted inside. I was officially fed up with whatever he was avoiding.

I ripped the keys from the ignition, slammed my door and charged into his house. He was already in his room with his door shut, I kicked his door open and yelled,

"what the hell is wrong with you?!"

He glanced over at me as he was unpacking his things and putting them in their designated drawer.

"What do you mean?" He finally speaks up.

"I mean, what the hell is wrong with you? You have been distant ever since we left the hotel, hell the night before. And those were the first words that you have said to me all day! So, tell me, what is wrong with you?!" I screamed at him. He finally stopped what he was doing and sighed, he sat down on his mattress.

He looks me dead in the eyes and says to me,

"I don't think that this is working out." He lost eye contact, and my heart broke after a second of me processing what he actually just said.

"I'm sorry. Come again." I said in shock.

"I think we need to end things, us." He said saddened.

"Are you kidding me? Why?" I said trying to hide the tears that were forming the crease of my eyes.

"Because-" He started but I interrupted.

"No, this has to be a joke. You're playing with me right now. You have to be!" all of a sudden I was interrupted by Jay raising his voice over mine,

"will you stop talking because you are driving me insane! You have so many problems with yourself, and your family! I can't sit here and pretend like it's not something I can tolerate anymore!" He said those harsh words hit me right in my heart.

I finally let my tears flow down my red cheeks.

"My issues are a problem for you?! You sleep with me and the next day all of a sudden, I am a problem? If that's how you want it to be then, I guess that's it! We're through! Don't bother calling me because I won't pick up because apparently, I have too many problems! Goodbye Jay!" I yelled and stormed out of his house and drove home angry, crying.