Chapter 6

Today has been the best day I have ever lived in my life! I had a great time with Jay, I am just so sad that it has to end. But, when we touched hands, it felt like we were destined to be together. It was like a bolt of lightning struck my heart with a dose of love.

"My mom called; I have to go." I frowned and pressed my eyebrows together.

"Do you want me to take you home?" He sighed in discouragement.

Is he crazy? If my mom found out that I was with a guy this late she would kill me in my sleep, revive me, then kill me all over again. I speculated in my mind.

"Oh, no. I don't want to trouble you. I can just walk home. It's good for me to walk." I faked a smile.

"Why not? Are you embarrassed of me? You don't want your parents to see me with you. I get it." He started to walk away, I got a hold of his wrist and brought him to a halt.

"Jay, it's not like that. Not at all." I lied, slightly.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked and put his hands in his blue jean pockets.

"Yeah, I'll text you when I get home." I smiled with a sorry look in my eyes. Then we hugged each other not wanting to let go, but once we did, he bent down and kissed me for what felt like hours. We then walked in opposite directions.

I took my time to get home, I wasn't looking forward to getting lectured about where I was. I walked into the house cheerful, a smile from ear to ear.

"Why so happy?" Skye crossed her arms bringing mom into the main hallway.

"No reason, can't I just be in a good mood for once in my life?" I asked as my smile faded to a frown and my attitude went back to dark and gloomy.

"Where were you?" Mom asked through her angered teeth.

"I was at the mall." I swung my arms in the air thinking, 'Sue me'.

"With whom?" Mom's voice was now enraged.

"Uh- Daniel." I lied again, seeming easier than it normally would be.

"Oh, really? That's nice." Her voice and shoulders were less tense and calm.

My mom has always liked Daniel. One day she even asked him to date me.

I haven't had a second thought about Daniel since Jay came into my life, I had just now realized it myself.

"Yeah, I guess. I'm going to go to my room now. I am really tired." I swallowed my guilt and my pride as I closed my door and took a deep breath. I texted Jay just like I promised, I shut my eyes and instantly fell asleep.

In the morning, I had no energy to lift myself out of bed. And of course, I had to have a piano class today. The picture might change a little bit, Daniel might talk about Amanda all day.

"Good Morning Class!" Mrs. Ross yelled as the classroom filled with silence, she made eye contact with me and smiled at me and I smiled back. She must have noticed how much brighter I looked today.

"Good Morning Mrs. Ross!" We echoed. "You know what to do. Let's get to work." She said a little more rushed than normal.

"Hey Elle?" He whispered as I worked on the piano.

"Yeah?" I said with a snarky tone.

"How are you doing?" He smirked.

"I've been better." I was focused on the music and the keys. "Oh, and just a little tip, before you take other girls out to the mall make sure you look around before you show PDA in a public area." I jerked my head to face him and gave him a quick smile and then it dropped as did my face back to the notes on a sheet of paper. His face seemed to be in shock.

"Anyways, do you have a title for the song?" I jotted down ideas before he replied.

"How did you know?" stepping out of his embarrassed gaze.

"How do you know? I don't think that is a very good title for a song. But, okay?" I shrugged and started to write it down as he grabbed my wrist.

"No, how did you know about the mall?" He asked with a slight sound of irritation in his voice.

"Let's just say that I was there and you didn't know. Can we get back to the project and talk about this later?" I replied with sarcasm.

"Fine. how about 'This Final Tear'." He suggested.

"Now, that is a song title." I said and wrote it down.

Five long hours passed by me. "Okay class, you are dismissed!" Mrs. Ross announced. Then she called me up to her desk,

" you look much happier today." She commented.

"I am, you could say that." I said with a smile.

"Why's that?" Mrs. Ross leaned forward in her chair.

"I met this guy, who makes me feel like I am the only girl in the world." I fluttered my eyes and sighed.

"Well, I am so glad you found a guy that treats you how you want. Elle?" She said, grabbing my attention.

"Yeah?" I looked up at her hazel eyes.

"Keep him, if you really see something with him. Okay?" She asked me gently and I nodded in reassurance, then I left with a smile on my face but of course that smile faded as I walked out the door.

"Hey, Elle. I was thinking, do you want to go out for dinner tonight and talk about what happened?" Daniel requested.

"Let me think about that. I'm going to go with no." I got sarcastic, more than usual.

"But why not? You like me, don't you?" He asked, cutting me off as I walked to the parking lot.

"Used to. Past tense. I have someone who treats me the way I should be treated." I said back, getting frustrated. As I walked away on my last nerve, Daniel took my hand and pulled me into him and kissed me. I pushed him away and slapped him leaving a vibrant red handprint on his cheek.

"Wasn't that what you have been waiting for?" He winced and rubbed his cheek in pain.

"It was. But not anymore." I walked away leaving him with words still left on his tongue. I was walking down the street and I suddenly saw Jay,

"hey Elle? Are you okay?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah, of course. Whenever you are around. Everything and anything are perfect. I am always happy." I hugged him tightly with a smile.

"So, you want to go get something to eat or something? And just talk and hang out?" Jay suggested

My face lit up like a Christmas tree,

"sure, why not?" I shrugged and took his hand in mine. We got to the diner down the street and sat at a booth and ordered a milkshake to share.

"Are you okay?" he asked me, noticing that I seemed a bit lost in thought.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm- I'm good." I stuttered.

"Okay, as long as you are okay, I'm good." He laughed a bit making her smile.