Chapter 17

After getting back onto the road we had about 3 and a half more hours until we had officially arrived at our beach house.

I wanted to make it there before sunset to get settled in and then go down to the beach and watch the sunset and enjoy the hot tub on our private property. I wasn't going to go in the hot tub until everyone was asleep. I wanted to relax my muscles and my mind while I enjoy the beach breeze and the night sky with the swaying palm trees. The beach images flooded my mind as I am in desperate need of relief.

The beach was my safe place, that is how I know that I am not going to die there. It is my home. Once I am done with school, I am going to move into our beach house and have it put under my name so I can just live in my happy place doing the job I love.

We made it to our destination around 5 on the dot. We took our luggage in the house and called rooms. I got the master, of course. Skye got the room all the way down the hall from me. Angel had the room across from mine, and Jay had the one next to mine. I let Skye in the backseat with him, she wasn't staying in the same room as him. I wasn't going to let that happen.

Once we all unpacked, we went out to the grocery store nearby to get some food and snacks to last us the first few days until we needed more supplies. When we got back Angel and I started putting things where they belonged while Jay and Skye got ready to go down to the beach. After Angel and I were finished we also got ready for the beach.

I grabbed my camera and went in the back to see Angel, Jay, and Skye running around in the sand and where the water meets the shore. I took a few pictures of the sunset with the waves and the palm trees, anything that caught my eye. I also tried to get some pictures of Jay smiling. I missed him smiling, I feel like I haven't seen it in a long time.

It got dark enough to where we could only hear the waves rather than see them. It was probably my favorite sound. The mix of the waves, the seagulls, and the wind. It brings out the real nature of the beach and what makes it beautiful.

We all went back into the house and watched a movie with some popcorn before we all went to bed. It was close to midnight when we went into our separate rooms and went to bed. I waited about 15 minutes before I put my swimsuit on and snuck out of my room and went onto the back porch that faces the water. I opened the hot tub and turned on the led color changing lights and went in slowly to take in the heat on each skin cell, one at a time. My hair in a messy bun I turned on the jets light enough that no one could hear them and I could hear the sounds of the ocean. I laid my head back and took a deep breath of the salty and sandy air, taking in the sound of the dull waves crashing onto the sand as the seagulls fly over the water making their beautiful sound, and watching the palm trees above me sway in the wind. This was my paradise. Every time I came here, I never wanted to leave. I just wanted to stay in this world of mine and never leave because I thought it was perfect.

I was resting my eyes and was about to doze off until I heard the sound of another body breaking the surface of the boiling water. I looked up thinking it was Skye, but it just happened to be the one person I wanted to bring here alone for a romantic weekend, Jay.

"I thought you were asleep." I said sitting up in my corner.

"I told you, I don't sleep much. I heard you leave your room and assumed that you came out here. And I didn't want to leave you alone. I've missed you. I don't like not being around you." Jay said to me trying to make eye contact with me.

"I know Jay, I miss you too. I really do. I am just being careful." I said trying not to make him feel bad for me.

"Yeah Elle, I know." Jay responded.

I exhaled loudly and laid my head back,

"do you hear that?" I asked him trying to relax.

"Hear what? All I hear is waves." Jay said wondering what I was talking about.