Chapter 10

Angel and I sat in the food court at the mall, having lunch and drinking a smoothie, trying to reserve a section of the beach for Sunday. And good news, we got it! Even though Jay had sent me a dress, I was still devastated about the ones that were destroyed. Then I was thinking about why it was only my three dresses that were ruined and not the others. A name came right into my head, Skye.

Think about it, she stayed behind at the store, it was only my dresses, she was acting oddly nice to me yesterday.

You've got to be kidding me. I thought to myself with my mouth agape.

Angel noticed the distraught look I had on my face,

"Elle? What's wrong?" She said wanting to hear what was churning around in my messed-up brain. I scoffed and replied,

"I think I know who destroyed those dresses." My eyes widened even more, I got up and grabbed my car keys off of the table. "I have to go Angel. I'll call you later." I hugged her quickly and walked fast to my car.

I was furious, I should've seen it coming. I know for a fact that I am not letting her win this battle, but she just started a war.

I parked my car in the street by my driveway, and I stormed into the house and kicked down Skye's door, literally.

"You ignorant brat! You ruined my dresses?! For once I am getting what I want and poor innocent Skye doesn't have the spotlight so she acts out to get what she wants! Well, listen here, you think that you are going to ruin this for me? Think again little sister." I vented and she just sat there with a smirk on her face.

"Skye? Wipe that smirk off of your face before I slap it off myself! Listen very carefully to what I say next, if you think you've won, try again, because you just started a war." I raged.

"You know what? I am wasting my breath on a self-centered brat who has no life, so she has to screw with mine! Pathetic! You can go to hell, Skye!" I yelled and then stormed out of her room to go to mine, finding a red box on my bed with a card attached to it.

After I slowed my heart rate down a few notches, I opened the card and it read:

Happy Birthday Elle! I know you are having a party without me on Sunday and I was sad that I wasn't going to be there for it so I got you a little something. I love you and happy birthday.

Love, Jay.

P.S. When I get back, I am going to take you out on a date, for your 18th birthday.

Oh, my goodness, he is so good to me. I placed the card on my night stand by my bed and I opened the box to see the dress, exactly how he described it. It was gorgeous, breathtaking. I put it back in the box and I hid it somewhere where Skye couldn't get to it. Friday and Saturday flew by faster than I thought it would've.

I set my alarm on Saturday night for 7 o'clock in the morning. I couldn't afford missing piano class so I had to get up earlier to get my things packed for the hotel.

I grabbed my suitcase from underneath my bed along with the box with the dress and shoes in it and placed it gently in the bag. I packed some extra pairs of clothes to last me for a couple days, swimsuits, makeup, sandals, and all of my hair and nightly routine products. I put my things in my car and grabbed my purse, phone, keys, headphones, charger, and my music, and I left the house after I told my mom what my plan was. Which was to go from piano class straight to the beach and hotel to get everything set up.

"Good morning cla-" My piano teacher started but was interrupted rudely by a cough. You could tell that she was sick even if she didn't cough considering she didn't yell like she usually did. "You know what to do." She said, blowing her nose after.