CHAPTER 49

After a few days:
The palace was decorated beautifully with flowers. There was a happy atmosphere. Why won't they get happy? It was their dear prince was was going to get the crown today. People were satisfied with his technique of decision making. They believed no one could be better than Siddharth to get the position. 

By the evening people began gathering in front of the palace court. They were eagerly waiting for the event to take place. There was a huge feast after the occasion and even if it is not
appropriate to mention, but most of the people just attended to eat. 

Peeping to the room of Avneet:
[Remember I said that during the old times, the queens had separate rooms because the king had so many queens and it wasn't possible for all of them to sleep together with the king at the same time.]

She was sitting in front of the mirror looking at herself. She knew it won't be easy for her. Her father in law has explained how tough the situation is going to be for Avneet. She wasn't fighting for herself but for all the women. 
Her chain of thoughts were broken as she heard a familiar footstep. She smiled a little as the door got opened revealing her husband who loved her more than anything.
He smiled back at her.

Avu- You didn't have to come to me... I am ready for it rajkumar...
Sid- Who told you I have come here to gather up some courage and cheer for you? 

He said as he moved closer to her and pulled her towards himself. 
Sid- I am here to let the people know that you are mine. 

He said and leaned to her neck. Heat rose upon her cheeks and she tried her best not to blush. No matter how many times they are closer, her heart always beats faster just the way it was the first day she went close to him. 

His lips touched her neck and she gasped a little. He sucked her skin and kissed her softly. 
He took the necklace and put it around her neck. 

Sid- Your look is complete now. 
Avu(blushing)- You will never change; will you?

Sid- I can be more romantic for you if you want.
She punched his chest lightly as they both chuckled.

Sid- Are you ready?
She nodded.

Sid- Lets go.
Avu- How can we go like this? Let go off me.

Sid- Never.
He held her hand and they went outside. She smiled to his gestures. She held his hand tighter. 
_____________________________

(Here I will not use king for Krishna Kumar, as it might get confusing after Siddharth will get the crown. Whom will I address as king then? So I will just use Krishna )

Krishna- My dear people, thank you for coming here. I am really proud today to handle the responsibility of this kingdom to my son, Siddharth. I hope you will support him and you all are happy with my decision. 

The crowd cheered of affirmation.
There was a religious puja going on which soon took an end and Krishna Kumar took a step to his son. 

He took of the crown and placed it on Siddharth's head who was bowing to him. There was a loud applause and they were showered with flowers. 

Sid- Thank You all for supporting me today. I will try my best not to disappoint you and I hope you will continue showering me with your love and support. 

Crowd- JAI HO MAHARAJA SIDDHARTH! (Hail to the king!)

Sid- There is something else I would like to announce today. Lately I have traveled a lot to end the power of the negative...and I have gained some knowledge. I have observed that if the woman are given the rights to take participation in ruling, it goes well. 

There was a chaos. Siddharth showed his hand and they stopped. 

Sid- You might or might not agree with me, but I would want you all to give them a chance. If they fails, we will stop the process. 
"I belief if a country is a bird, the two genders represent the two wings of it. Just the way abird cannot fly unless it's wing cooperated equally, a country will also not be the best, unless both the gender gets a chance to cherish for it's betterment."

{Not exactly, but the concept of the quoted line is from Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.}

Sid- As I said, if the women fails to proof my words, we will stop believing the process. There will be institutions for woman. So for today's announcement, I would want my wife Avneet Nigam, to sit beside me during the court and express her views rather than discussing it at night with me. I don't want to take the credit myself implementing her idea. You all know that your queens do give suggestions to the kings, but it private. I want to break this chain. Let them speak publicly.

The woman cheered of happiness while some man supported them too. Siddharth walked to Avneet, held her hand and brought her to the crowd. He had the crown of queen prepared. He placed it on Avneet's head above her veil. 

The sunlight just fell upon her as if it was planned and she looked eternal. The people who were against the idea of the woman rights, couldn't take their eyes off her too. 

Krishna- I support my Son's words. Look how beautiful my daughter in law is looking under the sun. I think the almighty is blessing her. Its an affirmation from their side. 

The crowd cheered. 
Krishna- I announce former prince Siddharth Nigam and his wife Avneet, as the King and Queen. The occasion ends, you might enjoy the feast.
____________

Not all liked the idea, not all will support the idea, but she is ready to fight for the rights. She wants the woman to be educated. She being a girl understands the pain. They won't have to rely on someone to write a letter to their husbands who are off for work. Because they can read a little and has no knowledge about writing, they doesn't even know if the person who is writinf the letter is completely writing their words or adding up. 

She wants to be independent. She wants all the woman to be independent. And luckily, she has her husband by her side. It won't be easy, but she is not the one who gives up without trying hard. 

She looked at her husband who was talking with the minister and others. He had that pride of a king, but he was down to earth. She smiled to get him in her life. She is happy...she is the happiest.
_________________________________