Chapter 4

Frostkit woke up in the clearing of the camp.

Am I dreaming?

Just then a tom Frostkit had never seen before padded from the darkness towards her. It was tom with multiple scars along his back and over his body. He was a sandy colored tom with one green eye and one blue. He has stars in his pelt.

A StarClan warrior!

"Frostkit, come" he said heading in the direction of the medicine den. Frostkit followed in confusion. Why are we going there? Frostkit stopped next to the ghostly warrior.

Frostkit looked up at the StarClan warrior. "What are we-" She began. He hushed her with his tail.

"Look" he said mutely. Frostkit looked back to see Wolfkit stirring then lifted her head and scanned the camp, over Frostkit's sleeping body.

"That's me!" frostkit hissed. The tom chuckled and glanced down at her.

"Remember Froskit," He said. "This is only but a dream." He reminded her.

Frostkit looked up at him and asked, "Who are you anyway?"

He straightened up. "For I am Sandeye, one of ThunderClans warriors and then medicine cats" He said. "When I was alive, I was prophesied to save many leaders from several near deaths."

"Well, did you?" Frostkit asked.

He laughed again. "Yes, I did indeed. Some claimed they didn't need help, but when you're falling into a death trap, you obviously do." As he said this, Wolfkit jumped up and dashed through the thorn tunnel.

"But, why are you telling me this? And where is Wolfkit going in such a hurry?" Frostkit asked.

He looked at her. "All in due time" he said. Then he disappeared and was replaced by white land surrounding Frostkit. She was standing on something cold. She glanced down to see a hard rock-like surface that was a pale blue.

"What-" Stopping Frostkit mid-sentence, the ground cracked under her weight, and she was plunged into icy water.

I'm drowning! I can't breath! She kicked and flailed in the darkness but it wasn't doing any good, Frostkit was sinking deeper and deeper in heartbeats

I'm drowning! I can't breath! She kicked and flailed in the darkness but it wasn't doing any good, Frostkit was sinking deeper and deeper in heartbeats. She gulped in lung-fills of water in panic and the weight of her wet fur was carrying her down faster. And then, darkness engulfed her.

Frostkit woke and jumped to her paws, gasping and sputtering. relief flooded over her as she recognized the nursery walls around her. Wolfkit's eyes opened and she jumped up too.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

Frostkit turned away. "Nothing, bad dream" she replied mutely. Wolfkit shrugged to herself and went back to sleep.

Was my nightmare a vision? Frostkit gazed out into camp. It looked so peaceful with cats nowhere to be seen and not running around. She smiled to herself and finally dozed off.

Frostkit woke to sunshine pouring in through the nursery walls. Wolfkit, was gone and Icekit, Sootkit and Sunkit were playing. She stood up, arched her back and gaped her jaws into a huge yawn, and padded out of the nursery. She bounded out into the middle of camp and sat down looking for Wolfkit.

"Hey Frostkit!" Some cat yowled. Frostkit turned around. It was Mosstripe. "Do you want to come on a hunting patrol with Leafpelt, Blackshade and I?"

"Sure" she replied, and bounded out the thorn tunnel and into the open.