Chapter 5

Wolfkit woke up in a dream. She was in the medicine den. She stood up and stretched her tired muscles. Yawning, she padded out of the medicine den. Just then, a sandy colored StarClan tom appeared through the dark and padded up to Wolfkit. He had two different colored eyes: one blue and one green.

"Wolfkit," he mewed. "Come with me" with that, he whisked around and padded through the thorn tunnel. Wolfkit followed intently. Wolfkit and the strange cat traveled for heartbeats, never stopping. Finally, they stopped at the lake bordering OutClan and LightClan.

He gestured with his tail toward the lake, "get in."

"Excuse me?" Wolfkit scoffed.

"Swim" he replied. "Get in."

"Do you seriously expect a kit like me to jump in some lake and actually stay above water?" Wolfkit growled, extending her claws.

"You need to" he replied. once again he repeated, "Get in."

"Your not getting it are you? I am a kit. I am not a fish. I can't swim. How do you expect me to survive? I bet you can't even swim" Wolfkit retorted.

He cocked his head. "Is that so?" he asked. "Swim!" he said impatiently.

"Who do you think you are? Are you deaf-"

"Who am I?" he replied. "I know very well who I am. But do you know who you are?" He asked, shoving his muzzle in Wolfkit's face. "I am Sandeye. ThunderClans last medicine cat. And you need to learn how to swim or you'll never save your sister!" He yowled.

"Wait, save my sister? Do you mean Frostkit?" Wolfkit asked.

Sandeye's voice dropped. "I've said too much. Since you won't swim, now you must travel to the Moonpool with Rainspot and Splotchpaw."

"Why? They'll never let me go with them!" Wolfkit snarled.

"Find a way then" Sandeye said mutely.

"Your crazy! Frostkit will be fine! If you really think that I can travel to the Moonpool without getting spotted, you must be crazy. How am supposed to believe a dumb, dead cat anyway that I met just now!" Immediately Wolfkit regretted her words. Sandeye shook with anger.

"If you want your sister dead, so be it. If you don't want to save the Clans and figure out your gift, so be it." he hissed and dissolved into nothing.

"Good riddance" Wolfkit scoffed without much confidence. What did he mean by 'The Clans?' Shouldn't he have said 'Both clans?' Bewildered, she turned tail and padded back to camp to the medicine den and laid down and closed her eyes, unsure of how to take in what just occurred.

Wolfkit jumped awake to find Frostkit awake as well. She looked shaken. Wolfkit turned to her. "What's wrong?" she asked.

Frostkit turned away. "Nothing, bad dream" she replied absently.