Chapter 30

Wolfpaw stood with her mouth agape. Angelkit had gone missing? Had she run away? But what for?
Ashstar padded out of her den and looked down at the clan. "Smokeheart, Barktail! Send out search patrols and find that kit!" She yowled. "She's not forest born, she wont last long. We must find her."
Smokeheart and Barktail nodded to each other then started calling cats by name.
"Mistfur! Blackshade! Whitefoot! Lets go!" Smokeheart ordered. The called cats ran to his side and folowrd him out the thorn entrance.
"Flarestorm! Moontail! Mosstripe! Follow me!" Barktail yowled and tailed after the other patrol. Wolfpaw caught Mosstripe before she left.
"What about me?" She asked her mentor.
"Stay in camp, we won't be long." Mosstripe assured her. Then, she bounded through the barrier after her search patrol. Wolfpaw looked around; no cat was watching her.
Slipping out of the thorn entrance, Wolfpaw looked around. Where would a kit go? Glancing around, Wolfpaw picked up a scent. It smelled like a kitttpet!
Angelkit!
But Angelkit had been in the clan too long to smell like that. Wolfpaw knit her brows together and sniffed on. Before long, the apprentice picked up a faint scent of Angelkit as well.
Wait, what's going on here?
Nose aligned with the grass, Wolfpaw started after her trail in pursuit of the missing kit.
~
Angelkit snuggled into Leafpelts thick coat. She was warming up to clan life really well. A few cats had even mentioned that in the time of the ancient clans, there was a tom who had used to be a kittypet in one of the clans and became a great leader. He had actually passed in their very camp!
A grunt followed by a sound like a body collapsing caught Angelkit's attention. She flicked her ears.
Was that Blackshade?
Rising, Angelkit looked at Leafpelt.
I'd best not wake her.
Stretching, Anterior padded outside the nursery and looked around. There was a figure halfway in the apprentice den, it's shadowed fur unmistakably grey and patched. Angelkit gulped and slowly backtracked to the nursery.
He's gonna find me and take me back home to be adopted! I have to hide!
Diving into the nursery, Angelkit climbed up and over Leafpelts back and dropped behind her. Padding sounded outside the den and Angelkit held her breath.
"Angel?" Thomas called. "Are you there? I'm here to take you home." He said sweetly. Angelkit shied away. Then Thomas started to sniff. "I can smell you." He announced. "Maybe she's asleep." He added to himself when she didn't respond. With that, Angelkit's father padded into the nursery searching for her frightened body.
Angelkit placed both of her forepaws onto Leafpelts back and started gently shaking her.
"Leafpelt, Leafpelt. Wake up!" Angelkit whispered. The queen didn't stir. "Leafpelt!" Nothing. Angelkits eyes darted around fearfully, thoughts flooding her brain.
Wait, I'm part of LightClan! I can stand against my father.
Leaping up from behind Leafpelt, Angelkit unsheathed her claws and hissed at Thomas.
"Get out of my territory father, or Ashstar will turn you over to OutClan!" Angelkit snarled, jump-scaring the tom. His fur flattened once he recognized his daughter.
"Angel! Thank goodness your safe, c'mon, your mothers worried sick." Thomas said, gesturing towards the entrance. "We'd better get out of here before the Wild Forest Cat's wake, or we're in deep trouble." Thomas joked then urged Angelkit further towards the entrance. She stepped away from his grey legs and looked him in the eyes.
"Those Wild Forest Cat's are my new friends, and family. They took me in and are caring for me. They're teaching me their ways." Angelkit explained.
Thomas chuckled. "Stop fooling around Angel, we need to get back-"
"It's Angelkit, father. And I'm not going back to those Twolegs and live the soft life of a kittypet." Angelkit said in disgust. Thomas wrinkled his nose in confusion.
"Twolegs? Kittypet? What have they done to you Angel?" He asked. Angelkit snorted. "But our housefolk fed you, and cared for you. They gave you a warm home and food."
"Kittypet slop." Angelkit remarked.
"Food." Thomas urged. "don't you want to come back and see your mother and siblings?" He asked.
"Sure, but I won't stay. I live here now, out in the open, where the sun warms the grass and rocks. I can hunt for prey and sleep with friends." Angelkit said thoughtfully. "Clan life is amazing, I'll never go back." Angelkit concluded. Thomas's green eyes were hard.
"If your not going to come home willingly, then I can take you myself." Thomas said harshly, taking a step towards her. Angelkit gulped and bounded out of the den with Thomas on her tail.
"Ashstar!" She yowled, desperate to be rid of her father. "Ashstar, intruder! Intruder! Help me!" Angelkit yowled. Angelkit skidded to a stop. She had reached the base of the leaders den. Boosting herself up, Angelkit climbed the rocky wall towards her leader, finding paw holds. Then Angelkit felt teeth in her scruff.
"No!" Angelkit screamed. "Leave me here! This is my new home! Put me down!" She yowled angrily at Thomas as he bounded out of the territory.  Glancing back, Angelkit noticed Blackshades unconscious body laying in the thorns.
"Let me go!" She yowled and clawed and scraped but Thomas would not put her down. Angelkit finally stopped and helplessly closed her eyes and dropped her head.
~
Wolfpaw glanced up at the towering building in front of her and swallowed. A twoleg nest stood before her, more known as the horseplace. Glancing behind hee then facing forwards again, Wolfpaw carefully padded through the tall grass, closing in on the twoleg's domain.
As she got closer, Wolfpaw noticed catnip growing out of the twoleg's garden.
Rainspot could use that for herbs! I'll bring it back to camp after I get Angelkit.
Crouching, Wolfpaw approached the twoleg's entrance; it looked like a flattened tree and it was shorter then average. There was a small cat-sized flap at the bottom of the flat-tree. Sniffing tentatively, Wolfpaw tapped her nose against the flap, causing it to sway in at her touch. Wolfpaw jumped, her fur fluffing up in alarm.
What a strange thing.
Timidly crawling forward, Wolfpaw swallowed as she entered the nest.
Wolfpaw opened her eyes in amazement; this twoleg nest was huge in the inside. The sides of it were as tall as trees. It's top sloped upwards to a point. Wolfpaw had never seen anything so strange. Walking on further, Wolfpaw flinched as she stepped onto the ground; it felt weird and tough below her paws. Walking briskly, ignoring what was below her, Wolfpaw saw a brown thing squatting in the corner. Creeping closer, Wolfpaw cautiously placed a forepaw against it. Her black paw sunk into the fleshy thing with a shock and she yanked it away with a cry.
Its some, soft-boulder.
Walking away, Wolfpaw noticed another soft-boulder on the floor of the nest. She walked nearer. As a rancid scent wafted up to her nose, Wolfpaw wrinkles her muzzle.
It's coming from the soft-boulder!
Padding away quickly, Wolfpaw picked up voices coming from another room. One belonged to Angelkit.
Angelkit!
Wolfpaw Bounded towards the agitated mews to Angelkits aid.
I'm coming Angelkit.