Just friends

"Haha hey Miles, miss me that much?" Gwen teased, as she took out her earpieces a little smile appearing on her face.

"Nah. Just saw my bestie standing all alone~ and decided out of the graciousness~ of my heart to accompany her!" I said, returning the favor. "Wowww~ thank you sooo~ much for saving me! How could I ever repay you." She replied, in a cutesy sarcastic tone.

"I would gladly take a drink as payment!" I quickly replied. "HAHA, alright morales you win, let's walk over to the machine. My treat." She said, giving in and rolling her eyes as she grinned at me walking off. I could feel my heart almost explode when she smiled, come on just friends.

"Whaddaya want?" Gwen asked as she stared at the vending machine. "I'll have whatever you want." I said. "Ooh~ copying me now aren't you miles?" She replied mockingly. "I'm just feeling adventurous today" I replied confidently to her taunt. "Alrightt~, just don't go regretting it." She took out her wallet as she walked closer to the vending machine, it was a mix of pink and white with an interlaced pattern, pretty dope. After a couple of coins were inserted she pressed the button of the same drink twice.

— Krrtunk. "Here catch." Gwen said, tossing a cold can at me. I look down at the can to see what she got, black coffee??? I can't drink this, but I can't look stupid in front of her. Mmm you got this Miles. "Soo... I'm curious." Gwen said as I reluctantly opened the can of coffee. "About what?" I replied trying to muster up the courage to take a swig. "Well I just wanna get to know my bestie more." Gwen replied twiddling her thumbs just after I took a small swig of the coffee immediately spitting out the coffee and showing the disgust on my face.

"HAHAHHA MILES!! GROSSS HAHAHHA." Gwen burst out laughing hardly able to contain her laughter as people in the hallway started staring at us as I kept coughing trying to not gag. "You could've told me you can't handle black coffee haha, would've gotten you something else." She said. "I said I was feeling adventurous wasn't I?" I replied, frantically trying to buy a drink to wash away the taste as Gwen kept snickering trying to hold back her laughter. "Well you're right, points for you again!" Gwen replied ecstatically as she giggled at my failed attempts of putting the coins into the slot.

...

— "Ugh much better." I said as I took a swig of coke. "Pfft you're so dumb." Gwen mocked as she continued to snicker remembering what had just happened. "Okay but now that that's over, again back to my previous question, I wanna get to know you more!" Gwen asked as she looked at me excitedly. "Sure! What do you wanna talk about." I replied, excited to know about her as we slowly walked back to wait outside the class.

"Mmmm, why'd you decide to study here?"  She asked curiously. "Oh well it's not that interesting of a story, my dad won a scholastic lottery and decided to get me to try the test to get in, aced the test and ended up in the school." I replied as I took a sip of coke before continuing. "I wasn't actually happy being here at first cause I felt I didn't belong and that this wasn't the place for me." I paused taking a deep breath before continuing. "But I had a teacher who didn't give up on me, Ms Calleros, and she pushed me knowing my potential. Part of the reason I'm here is cause of her."

— "The rest is cause of my amazing friends that I made, some of them I don't really remember anymore cause I lost some of my memories due to an accident but the rest I still hang out with to this day!" I finished on a high note trying not to make it sound too sad. I looked over to Gwen as she just stared at the ground seeming lonesome, "hey Gwen you alright?" I asked concerned. "Oh no yes! Sorry I was just spacing out a little, the friends are the ones you talked about eating lunch with right?" She replied quickly snapping herself out of her trance. "Yep exactly, I'll introduce you guys another time if you're interested." "Bet"