Silver Screens

— We were all laughs as we walked down the streets of Brooklyn. Making small talk and cracking jokes on the way to the cinema after we left the hangout spot. Pavitr and I made a quick stop at a nearby donut shop along the way to grab a quick snack for all of us. As I was paying I noticed Gwen getting along with Gaya and Ganke outside albeit she was still a little awkward but it still made me glad to see her fitting in. Until finally, there we stood. Next to the bustling street of downtown Brooklyn right in front of Brooklyn's most prominent cinema, the cinema was huge with a wide variety of movies to choose from as people from all age groups came and went. It was a very popular hangout spot for kids from our academy as it was about a 5 minute walk away and had discounts for students! But there we stood outside the cinema, basking in its glory as we waited in anticipation for Gwen to pop the question.

"So... which movie are we gonna watch?" Gwen asked. "I'm glad you asked my good friend." I reply grinning with Ganke and Pavitr. "Only the most action pack movie out right now! Fatal Justice!" The three of us exclaimed in unison, pumping our fists in the air as if we had practiced this beforehand. "What happened to being called bestie?" She replied smiling. My eyes open wide at her comment and I quickly sign to her to cut it out by waving my hand at my neck but it was too late, "You're telling us about that later." Gayatri commented causing me to facepalm and groan with Gwen giggling at my demise while Ganke continued his speech. "The story of a boy who has suffered in his childhood due to the dark underbelly of his city and grows up to become a crime fighting vigilante, since the law couldn't help him he decided to take matters into his own hands and vows to protect the innocent at any cost, along the way unravelling a sinister conspiracy that reaches the highest echelons of the city!" Ganke exclaimed clenching his fist. "It's so freakin cool!" Pavitr chimed in.

"Or instead~ of the boys dumb movie." Gayatri chimed in, taking her turn. "We can watch Neon Hearts! A thrilling and heart-pounding tale of love between 2 individuals from opposite worlds who are drawn together by fate and an irresistible connection! Set within the fictional future of a dystopian metropolis of Night City these 2 will uncover the hidden truth of the city's elites, their love blossoming through the chaos." Gayatri explained with pure wonder in her eyes with her hands bundled into a ball. "What? That's lame." Ganke scoffed. "No, you're lame." Gayatri snapped back starring daggers at Ganke. This bickering back and forth went on for a couple minutes until they both suddenly turned to face Gwen who was standing right next to me.

"Gwen you settle this! What movie are we watching!" They yelled in unison. "What? Me?!" Gwen answered in surprise after snapping out of her daydream. At this point Pavitr and I had just been watching the whole fiasco while making small talk with Pavitr, I noticed Gwen seemed to just be staring at them with a blank look in her eyes but didn't think much of it. "You're new to the group so you got the starter perks."  I remarked shrugging my shoulders at her just enjoying the show. "Um.. this is a lot of pressure guys haha.."  Gwen replied chuckling nervously with her hands up trying to calm them down, unsure on how to proceed. "Mm, sorry guys but I'm gonna have to go with Neon Hearts." Gwen answered after what looked like much internal conflict, pressing her hands together apologising. "Noooo!" Ganke and Pavitr cried out kneeling on the ground. "How could thy world forsaketh me!" Ganke cried out. "Sorry boys~, but thou hath spoketh. Come on Gwen let's go get the tickets!" Gayatri mocked while dragging Gwen away. "Sorry guys but thou decision hath been made." I said shrugging my shoulders, I was content with either option to be honest due to... various reasons, but it was still a bummer I wouldn't get to watch Fatal Justice. Just when I thought everything was settled, a sinister looking grin grew on Ganke's face as he pushed his glasses back while laughing maniacally before rising from the ground. "Uhh Ganke you aight man?" I question raising my eyebrow at him. "You fail to realise something Miles... in due time all shall be revealed, and by the time you realised what has happened, it will have been too late. You may be confused now, but all you need to know, is that the game...was rigged... from the very beginning.." Ganke replied ominously before walking off with Pavitr to join the girls, fist bumping each other leaving me standing there alone dumbstruck. "What?!" I yell at them in confusion shaking my head to try and wrap my head around what had just happened before running after them.