Chapter 11

Disclaimer: I don't own Hunger Games or Percy Jackson.

On to the story!

                        ~•~•~•~
                     Nightlock
                        ~•~•~•~

Percy's pov

We woke up kinda late in the morning to an announcement that the feast at the Cornucopia was starting. I forced myself to get up, pushing through the pain in my back. Clove took the bandages off my back to put water on the burn.

"Each of you needs something desperately, it will be at the Cornucopia. This is a one time offer and my be the difference between life and death for you all." It was a game makers voice blasting through speakers in the arena.

"We have to go," I told the two.

"If we get split up and thresh attacks one of us..." Colve reasoned.

"I agree with Percy on this one Clove, he needs medicine," Cato spoke up.

"He does. Ok we stay together, don't split up," she told us. "And we're going to change your bandages first."

Cato and Clove poured the water onto my back, it hurt horriby bad but I tried to ignore the pain. I needed to stay strong, for Prim, for Rue and for my mom. I needed to win for them.

We only had a couple small bandages left so Clove tried her best to work with what we had. Cato ripped a long strip of fabric off his shirt and gave it to Clove. She was able to fashion a small bandage that secured part of the wound.

I didn't have a shirt or jacket so that would mean I had to go without one until the end of the games. I was more vulnerable without a shirt so I would have to be careful.

We traveled in our small group to check the traps, most were empty except a small squirrel hanging from a wire off the ground. It seemed that there were slowly less and less animals around.

There were no birds singing on the tree branches and no bunny's hopping from one grassy patch to the next.

We packed up our stuff and made the short walk to the meadow the Cornucopia and lake were in. As we got there I saw the girl I had nicknamed foxface make her way out into the meadow looking for other people. The three of us ran out towards the table with the bags on it. I saw the boy from ten run towards us with a small knife and try to stab my back, he could see that I was weak and took advantage of that.

I knocked the knife out of his hand and used it to stab him in the stomach. And fell and a cannon shot rang out. 5 people left. Foxface grabbed her bag and ran back into the forest. Clove grabbed my bag and Cato grabbed the one for district 2. We ran back to the forest.

Somehow we had completely avoided thresh, he was the one I was worried about. About Olas big and strong and Cato and I and he seemed to be good with weapons.

My hope was that the three of us could make it to the end together.

The bigger problem arises when I realized I was with two other allies at the end of the games. Only one could come out alive.

We got there and Clove pulled a large container out of my bag and opened it. She moved to my back and started putting the cream all over the cuts and burns. My back felt better right away.

We spent the rest of the day hunting for food and just waiting to see what the game makers had in store for us now.

~•~•~•~

It was mid-day and we were in the forest looking for food. Cato said he saw some berry's and was going to go pick them.

Me and Clove were making our way back to him when we heard a cannon shot.