Chapter 17

Hi, you guys!!!!! I'm so excited to
Please comment and tell me how I did because I think I've lost my book writing touch 😅.

You can also tell me if there is anything you think you would like for me to change.

Enjoy the chapter!!!

~ Quarter quell ~

It had been months since the games ended, and now we were in front of the TV waiting for a quarter quell announcement.

The TV turned on, and President Snow stood in front of a bowl and papers. On a pedestal in front of a crowd of thousands of capital citizens.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is the 75th year of the hunger games. And it's was written in the charter of the games that every 25 years there would be a quarter quell. To keep fresh for every new generation the memory of those who died, and the uprising against the capital. Each quarter quell is distinguished by games of a special significance. And bow on this 75th anniversary of the defeat of the rebellion, we celebrate the third quarter quell," you could hear the screaming cheers of capital citizens before he continued.

"As a reminder, that even the strongest can not overcome the power of the capital. On this, the third quarter quell games, the male and female tributes are to be reaped, from the existing pool of victor's, in each district."

"No. No. This can't be real. They can't send us back. NO! No, no, no!" I felt tears running down my cheeks now.

"Percy.. I'm sorry," Clove whispered. It was very likely that I was going into the games, 50-50 odds.

"Clove, whatever happens, you can not volunteer, ok? Please don't." I told her strictly.

"Ok." She said.

~•~•~•~

The next morning, I was on the train ride home. 2 weeks until the games, where I would probably be fighting for my life a second time. Great.

With how fast the trains are, the trip was only a couple of hours. Effie has been trying desperately to console me the whole way, but when we pulled up, I was still empty of emotions.

I saw Katniss and Gale, and I felt when they gave me hugs. Felt as I gave them back.

Then I left to the forest to be alone.

It's safe to say that the odds were not in my favor.

Xoxo. ChocolateLover

END OF BOOK ONE, BOOK TWO OUT NOW