Albedo [♡]

You couldn't believe that it was such a peaceful afternoon at the research facility

Because it wasn't -- the blaring sound of the alarms, red lights flashing on and off in the halls, and both the professionals and rookies running around in a panic said otherwise. You simply let out a tried sigh at the sight before you, sipping your 7th cup of coffee as you leaned back on your office chair.

"Professor! T-The alarms!" One of the interns stuttered out in a panic, running around in your office frantically as they grabbed at their hair. "I-It's an emergency! A-And according to the 519th code of the 'Facility Codex: Things To Check For Before Utter Doom'-"

"Yeah, yeah." You wave off their concern, cutting them off from further rambling. "Now, get me another cup of coffee, will you?"

You rise begrudgingly from your seat, walking past the intern as you hand your now-empty cup over into their clammy palms. Placing both your hands in your lab coat pockets, you made your way down through the chaos towards the main research site.

The automated metal doors open as you step foot into the room, the array of suspicious contraptions and devices filling the room. From futuristic technology and tubes of liquid housing various specimens, you could say it was your typical research facility.

You scan around the area, many nervous employees giving you anxious glances as you approach deeper into the room. You arrive in front of one of the main experiments, which was previously encased inside one of the facility's most durable materials; now, an empty cell and broken debris greet your gaze.

Without further bothering to look into the view before you, you turn towards one of the researchers responsible for the safe-keeping of the experiments.

"Report."

The male besides you stutters, nervously fiddling with his hands as he begins to speak. "I-It was all an accident, Professor!" He began flailing his arms around in a panic, attempting to explain. "We were taking the experiment out for f-further testing and-"

Before he could utter another word, you grabbed him by the collar, glaring down with an unenthusiastic stare. "Was I not clear enough for you?"

You throw the researcher to the ground without a struggle, bending down to his ear as you click your tongue in annoyance. "I said, report. I didn't say I wanted to listen to your petty excuses, did I?"

The male trembles under your intimidating presence, not daring to make a single sound out of fear of your authority. You simply stand back up with a sigh, staring down another researcher for answers.

"There were clear orders to stop testing for the afternoon." You state with an eerie calm in your voice. Looking around the room, your eyes narrow. "And whose bright idea was it to disobey orders from the Head?"

No one dares to speak for a good few minutes, but it was clear that your patience was waning, so one of the researchers decided to bravely speak up.

"I-It was Professor Balladeer, Ms. [name]..."