Part 17 - Sorry

Charlie nods with tears in his eyes. "Okay, um... maybe you want to show me?" I ask cautiously. "Can you please?" he looks at his left arm. I carefully roll up his sleeve until I discover three fresh cuts. "They're pretty deep" "I know" he pauses. "I don't think I've ever been so deep" I take him gently in my arms. "Do you have bandages somewhere and something to disinfect?" "There" he points to a cupboard. "Sit down please, I don't want you to faint or anything" I point to the bathtub.

As I search the closet, Charlie slowly sits down. "I found it" I proudly hand him a small basket. "I'm so proud" he smiles briefly. "Could you maybe take your arm out of the sweater for a moment?" he hesitates. "You don't have to. I could just take care of it a little better that way" I say patiently. "Okay" he says slowly and pulls his sweater off until I can get to the cuts. "Maybe it's going to burn a bit now" he closes his eyes and holds my shoulder.

I gently disinfect the area and Charlie squeezes my shoulder tighter and harder. "Should be over now" I bandage his arm briefly. "You can put your sweater back on" I smile at him. "Thank you" he says as he gets fully dressed and stands up carefully. I pull him back into a hug, feeling it might help him.

Pov Charlie
Why am I like this? And why am I hurting myself when I know for a fact that a hug from Nick will do much more? But even if that's the case, I can hardly go to Nick every time I have this desire. I just want to be normal like everyone else. "Sorry" "I forbade you to say that word, remember?" "Yes, but" "No buts" "But" "No buts" he emphasizes again. "Charlie?" I hear Tori calling. "I'll be right there" I quickly break out of Nick's embrace and pick up the blade from the floor.

Nick cleans up everything he's messed up and taken out. I stagger to the sink. "I'll do it" Nick takes it and holds it under the running tap. "Thank you" "No problem" I grab my arm. It still burns quite a bit, but it's getting better by the minute. "Come on" Nick takes my hand carefully. We go out together.

Tori stands outside and looks confused from me to Nick and back again. "I've got your headphones here, you left them downstairs" "Thank you" "You're welcome" she still seems a bit confused, but turns around and goes back downstairs.

We lie together on my bed. I snuggled up in Nick's arms and listened to his heartbeat. "I shouldn't have started it again." "It probably would have been better, but it's the way it is now" "I have to tell you something" "Okay" he says slowly. "Now I'm scared" I hesitate. Should I really tell him? "That with the food... feel like you have to keep it under control..." "What's the matter?" "Do you even think I'm beautiful?" "I ... you?" I nod. "You are the most beautiful and the most cute person in the whole universe. Why are you even asking that?" "Not important" not important is definitely not true.

TW ends here