Part 20 - I'm not gay

Pov Nick
Charlie was so exhausted this afternoon that I told him to stay home. I think he's not having such a good day today so I let Tori know to keep checking on him, I don't want him to get hurt again or anything. I still don't know how to really deal with it, but I'm doing my best to understand him and to be there for him.

I've got rugby practice coming up, so I'm walking through school thinking. The last few weeks haven't been any different than the ones before, although I know for a fact that the others know that Charlie is my boyfriend and that's why the whole thing is kind of weird. Either they don't care or they're planning something with Harry and just the thought scares me. Should I ask them about it? Maybe that's not such a good idea, maybe it is, I don't know. It's kind of nice to be out. I'll just do it, I have absolutely nothing to lose.

TW Harry

I've now arrived at the changing room and take a deep breath before knocking and entering. "Nick, hey" "Where's Charlie?" "He's not doing really well" "He's probably just scared of being out" "What?" only now am I discovering him, Harry, not again. "Your ugly boyfriend is just scared" I try to say something, but the others are quicker. "Are you crazy?!" "Are you okay up there?" "That's not funny Harry" I walk to my seat, grinning. And I was seriously afraid to ask them about it.

"What do you all have now?" Harry looks confused at his friends, who for once don't agree with him, which offends him. "You know Harry, since you're gone everything's a lot more relaxed and nicer. Also, there's no reason why you should be bullied either Charlie or Nick. For the reasons you might be bullied for, though, it takes a lot very long list" "Why do you say that? Why are you suddenly on the side of the fags?" "You don't have to care, besides they're not fags, how many times do you have to be told that?! If you don't want to support it, okay, but let them live their lives and damn comments like that, thanks." "Are you dumb?!" "No." "You are all such assholes" "Get out!"

Harry doesn't move. "Are you hard of hearing?!" he shakes his head. "Then get out!" he still doesn't move and slowly everyone in the room is losing patience. I go to him annoyed, grab his arm and pull him to the door. "Wow, you can defend yourself" "I could do that back then in the cinema, what's the difference to now?" "You're gay now" "I'm not gay" "Then why are you and Charlie together?" "Being as a boy in love with a boy doesn't make you directly gay?!" "Oh yes?!" he looks at me skeptically.

"If you want to know exactly, I'm bi and I was already bi in the cinema and all the years before, i just didn't knew" he looks at me in surprise. "You heard me right. And by the way, he was there my boyfriend, he's still my boyfriend and now out." I shove him out of the locker room and close the door again. "You do know that he's going to tell the whole school now for revenge?" "Yeah, where's the problem?" "Nowhere, I just thought maybe you don't want to come out" "You know" I turn around so I can see everyone.

TW ends here