Part 31 - Peace and quiet

I smile and watch Simon sleeping in my arms. He looks so peaceful and sweet. Careful that he doesn't wake up, I take my phone from the bedside table and look at it. We really should get up, but I really don't want to wake Simon up. Unfortunately, since I have no other choice, I kiss his forehead.

He rubs his eyes and looks at me. "Good morning" I say with a grin. He lays his head on my chest. "Do we really have to get up already?" "Yes, or do you want to be late and screw that up with my mother?" "No, not really" "Well then" I let him go slowly and stand up.

I quickly put on a pair of training pants and go to the bathroom. A short time later Simon comes, also only in training pants and sits on a stool next to the bathtub. He watches me sleepily. I grin. If he continues like this, he'll fall asleep sitting up straight away. "Come on" "Why?" "Just come" I pull him up by his hand. "What are you doing?" "Stand here" I point next to the sink. "Okay" he says slowly.

I let out cold water and smack a load in his face. "Wille!" he says indignantly. "Now you're at least really awake" I laugh. "I really have to reconsider this" he wipes his face with a cloth. Someone's knocking at the door. "I'll go" while walking to the door, I quickly grab my shirt and put it on.

"Jan-Olof, long time no see" "Crown Prince" he says a little less enthusiastically. He's not too thrilled that my mother is starting to accept it now, but he works for us, so whether he likes it or not, he has to accept it. "Your suits" "Thank you" he brings the two inside and then quickly exits again. It's better that way, then we'll have a little peace and quiet.

"Simon" "What was?" he sticks his head out the bathroom door. "Jan-Olof brought our suits" "Good" I go back to him. We brush our teeth and keep choking because we have to laugh. It just looks kinda funny.

"Which one is yours and which one is mine?" "They should have a small tag on them with the name" "Ah yes, that's right, thanks" "No problem" I dry my hair, which I washed briefly. And Simon stands more gently next to me. "Do you have a problem?" "No" "Then why are you here?" "I just wanted to wait for you" "Oh" I smile at him.

Pov Simon
Actually, I should be used to buttoning my shirt, but somehow it still takes me so long. Wille is already standing there while I have my troubles with the buttons. "Come on, I'll help you" he says with a smile and closes one button after the other. "Thanks" I kiss him smiling. "No problem" he grins. I look at my phone. "We couldn't have been more punctual" "Right" he takes my hand. "Come on, let's go" we go to the door where Oscar and Malin are waiting for us.

At the same moment, the room door next to us opens and Wille's parents come out. "Hello" "Hey" "You look great" "Thank you" Wille still holds my hand. "Please remember, no kissing, okay?" "Yes, mom, we know" says Wille, annoyed. "It's okay, I just wanted to mention it again" we go to the elevator and talk a bit together until this slow thing finally comes and we can get in.

When we get out there, I look around. A lot of things are cordoned off, probably because of Wille and his family, and there are tons of reporters outside behind the cordon. "Is it always like this?" "Yes" Wille takes my hand even tighter. We all go together to the two vans that are already waiting with open doors. Malin helps Wille's parents get into the front one, Oscar us into the back one.

After the door was pulled shut from the outside, Wille finally relaxed a bit. "This thing is so unbelievably uncomfortable" "I know, but you can wear something else by tonight at the latest" "I'll be dead by then" "Hopefully not. But I can calm you down" he grins. "Me too"