Part 22 - Ready?

Pov Simon
"Charlie? Simon? Ready?” Oscar knocks on our door. "Soon" I shouted. Charlie quickly pulls his sweater over his school uniform while I straighten my tie. We had to wear the Truham uniform the whole time, of course, but today we're back in our Hillerska uniform because of Wille's speech. It's unfamiliar to wear them again, but also kind of nice. "We will miss you" Charlie looks at me. "We you too, but you'll be coming to us soon, to Sweden" I smile. "Yes, fortunately" "Besides, we're still good" I look at my phone. "26 hours" "We really have to go boys" "We're coming" Charlie shoots me my jacket.

We go outside and, after saying goodbye to Charlie's parents, get in the car. "Why does Wille have to give the speech?" "The teachers thought that he was good at it and that it was one of his duties as crown prince. He actually didn't want to, but his mother suddenly thought it was a very good idea and then he really had no choice." "How great" "Yeah, right?" I grin. "Are you really nervous?" "Yes, pretty much. I mean, it's not just the speech and the other things, I just see the queen again" "I mean, how often have you seen her since you've been with Wilhelm?"

"The first time, before Wille drove to the castle, when that was because of the video. The second time was at the Hillerska anniversary celebration" "That was Wille's speech, wasn't it?" "Yes, exactly. And since then maybe one or two more times, no idea" "That's super little" "I'm probably not really someone she really likes to see and besides, as I've mentioned several times, she's the Queen" "Makes sense" "Right" I lean back. "We're just picking up Nick, aren't we?" "Yes exactly, the crown prince is taken to the airport by Malin to meet his mother"

We've arrived at the house and Nick is already standing outside in his uniform and jacket.  "Simon, come forward, are you okay with that?"  "Yes, of course" I open the door and get out.  "Hey Nick" "Hey" I free the door for him and bow laughing.  He gets in with a grin and says thank you.  I go to the front and get in too.  It's really funny, the last few weeks there have always been people with cameras either in front of this house or in front of 'our' house, but not today.  Such a speech can sometimes be really practical.  But they're probably at the airport and then they're going after Wille and the Queen to be at the speech too. I smile in the rearview mirror where you can see Nick and Charlie kissing in greeting.

Pov Wilhelm
I bite my fingernails nervously. Malin and I are waiting for her at the airport with three of my mother's other bodyguards. She could come at any moment and I just have no idea how she's thinking. Well, I already know, actually, but in the time here in England she has changed somehow, or at least acts differently. While I'm thinking about how to greet her, she comes through a door. She is accompanied by my father and a bodyguard. When she discovers me, she comes to me relatively quickly, for her standards. "Hello" she hugs me and I return the hug completely surprised. "Hey" she slowly lets go of me. "Wilhelm" my father also comes to me and hugs me briefly to say hello. I smile and that smile isn't wrong for the first time in a very long time.