Part 14 - School

"We have visitors starting today" the teacher looks around searchingly. His gaze brushes me and stops at Wille. "Distinguished visit" he comes towards us. "That's the Swedish crown prince, Wilhelm" he points to him. "That's why there are some new rules" he goes back and picks up a stack of papers. "I would have given them to you before, but I just got them this morning" he hands them out.

He offers me one too, but before he can take it, he pulls it back. "You don't need that, do you?" I shake my head uncertainly. "Good" he goes on. Charlie holds out his paper to me. "You should still be able to read it" "Thanks" I smile. Wille turns to me to get a look too. I just scan through the whole thing and then watch Wille read a little slower. He leans back up and looks at me. "There's so much unnecessary stuff in there" "Yeah, true" "Oh" "What?" "Read this"

"Anyone who bothers the Crown Prince or Simon gets a warning" I read out loud. "And how do they want to control that?" Wille looks to the door where Oscar is standing. He grins at us like he knows exactly what we're talking about. "He and Malin will check it out I suppose. Also I think he has something to do with it" "The way he looks, definitely" "So" somehow this teacher reminds me a little bit of Mr. Forsberg. He claps his hands like that. "We'll do a quick round of introductions. Just say your name and your age, preferably some of your hobbies."

Pov Charlie
It's now midday and I'm sitting outside at a table with Nick and my friends and we're discussing all sorts of things. Everyone eats their stuff, just me sitting there staring at my food. I can't. I can't eat today, not with the best of intentions. Nick looks at me worried. "What's wrong?" "I'm just not that hungry today" I take a small bite to demonstrate to him that I'm absolutely fine and close my lunch box again. He observes me skeptically for a while before he then concentrates fully on the conversation with the others. I don't want him to worry about me. He has enough stuff to deal with lately.

Pov Wilhelm
"Where are we going?" "You'll see." I pull him with me, grinning. "We're here" "Okay" he says slowly, slightly confused. "What are we doing in this classroom?" "A break" "A break? Are we even allowed to do that?" "Yes, we are allowed" "Really?" "Yes" "All right" says skeptically. "Trust me" I grin and walk with him through the open door. "Hello guys" a sympathetic man sits at the teacher's desk and smiles at us. "I only allowed that because you are" he stands up. "And also because you'll be gone in four weeks anyway" he walks out grinning. "Crown Prince?" "Yes?" I turn to Oscar.

"Shall I wait out here?" "It's almost too obvious, don't you think?" "Yes, yes, actually" "You could" I look around. "Stay in here" "Are you sure you want that?" "Not really. But if you sit with your back to us and read the newspaper or something, that's totally fine" "As you wish" "Thank you" "Are you serious?!" I nod with a grin. "You are crazy" He laughs. I point to the floor in a corner of the room. "Not on the chairs?" "They're overrated" "If I haven't mentioned it, you're crazy" "So, you think i am?!"

"Wille" says Simon, gasping for air, after I put both arms around him and squeezed them as tightly as possible. I relax a little and he frees himself directly. "We should start eat, otherwise the break will be over before we've even started" "You're right" we sit down together on the floor and lean against the wall. "Wait a minute, I have something for you" I reach into my pocket and pull something out. "This time you really get it." I smile and hold out the sandwich to him, which I wrapped in serviettes like the last two times. "Did Nick run out of plastic wrap?" "It's wrapped up like that for traditional reasons" "I thought you dont follow traditions?" "Not always" "Yeah" "Otherwise you should keep good traditions, right?" "Yes, definitely we laugh.