chapter 16- A Turtles Last Stand

"RAPH GET ME THE FIRST AID NOW!" Donnie yelled as he hooked Leo up to his machines. "Usagi keep your paws on his wound! Put as much pressure as you can!"

Usagi was crying as he chocked while he watched his love slowly loose more and more life. Between all the screaming and sobs Usagi heard a rasp voice.

"Yuichi, I'm so sorry." Leo sobbed as tears began falling from his face. Usagi only cried harder now.

"Don't say that, you're going to be okay, we're all going to get through this." Usagi smiled through his tears.

"I'm sorry for getting mad at you. I should have tried to understand more." Leo apologized.

"No, I'm sorry I should have told you. You mean so much to me. I was afraid to face my problem head on." Usagi choked.

Raph came back with the first aid and a Turn-a-kit. The brothers shoved Usagi out of the way to work.

"Usagi, let me see usagi." Leo huffed at his brother's.

"Leo we need to finish first." Raph tried to keep it together but his words broke.

"Please."

The brothers shared a look before they all backed up.

"I love you so much Usagi. That's why I was so upset at you. It made me feel like you betrayed me." Leo confessed.

"I love you too." Usagi managed to get out.

"And I love every one of you knuckle heads too. I finally understand. I understand it all. Keep pushing yourself Mikey, Donnie don't be afraid to go above and beyond, show the world what you can Do. Raph, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I can't be there to be the leader you wanted me to be. Tell Dad I love him." Leo sobbed. "You all can do amazing things, don't shy away from them. Exspecually you Mikey, do it your way. Don't let others tell you other wise, don't feel afraid to scream it."

Everyone was hysterically crying. They never thought this day would come, nevertheless so soon.

As everyone huddled together in one last embrace Leo let go to join his ancestors.

🌸~

Cherp!

Birds sung their beautiful tunes as the played together in the treetops.

A familiar white rabbit stood under a cherry blossom that had been planted in a botanical garden as a memory for the hero everyone knew as Leonardo Hamato.

Usagi's new robe clashed perfectly with the beautiful pink on the tree. Blue flowers and ribbons covered the tree, one main blue ribbon stuck out the most. It was the one tied around Leo's katanas. It was his mask, the one he wore the day he died.

Usagi greeted the gentle breeze that ran through the trees, almost whispering to him. He likes to think it was Leo talking to him.

A hand on the rabbits shoulder made him reopen his eyes. The three brothers and single father stood next to him.

"It's good to see you again usagi, it's been so long." Raphael smiled softly.

"I saw you guys last year." Usagi chuckled.

"What did you bring this time?" Mikey asked. They all had their presents that they gave on every year of Leo's anniversary.

"I brought a guardian statue from my home land. It protects the soul of a warrior against anymore pain and grief." Usagi nodded as he placed down the stone gardian. "What about you Mikey?"

The orange masked brother who had grown a man bun over the years showed Usagi the boardgame he had brought.

"We used to play it all the time when we were tots, I'm sure he'd love to play it again." Mikey smiled as he also placed down his gift.

Raph placed a new set of Throwing stars down for Leo, Donnie placed a whole new series of superhero comics down. Splinter gave his son a old training staff with the initials LH carved into it with blue wrapping around it.

It truly was amazing to see how much his family cares about him even after his souls departed the earth.

Another breeze came blowing through tickling Usagi's whisker's as he took a deep breath in.

A story ends and new ones begin.

-

We all have to give back to mother earth eventually, but we will never be alone. Mother earth will always accept us back with open warm arms.