T W O

It's the weekend, so the trio decided to hang out and go on with their usual shenanigans. They went to a karaoke and sung their lungs out.

"Junhyeon messaged me yesterday..." Taerae paused momentarily as his face gradually turned a bright shade of red. But before he got to continue what he was saying he was cut off by the sound of his phone ringing.

"Oh wait my mom's calling" he said as he headed out of the small room.

He left the two boys who remained silent, their surroundings filled with the vibrant sounds of karaoke. It was an awkward moment, but Gunwook finally made the decision to break the silence.

"Are you alright?" Gunwook asked the other.

"I guess? I mean the only shit I can do right now is cheer him on" Gyuvin chuckled bitterly.

The three of them had been inseparable since their elementary school days. They had created countless memories together, but their bond had been temporarily disrupted when Gunwook went away for two years to his grandparents' hometown to grieve the loss of his beloved grandmother. During this time, Gyuvin and Taerae grew even closer, forming an unbreakable connection. They were practically glued to each other, meeting up every single day without fail. Little did Gyuvin know, his feelings for Taerae were slowly evolving beyond mere friendship. He couldn't deny the fact that he cared for Taerae in a way that surpassed the boundaries of friendship. However, Taerae remained completely oblivious to these newfound emotions. Having been friends for such a long time, Taerae simply assumed that Gyuvin had become more open and expressive, failing to realize that his dear friend had actually developed romantic feelings for him.

"I survived as his friend for so long so it wouldn't really matter anymore, being in an unrequited love sucks but at least he's happy with Junhyeon" he added.

"How can it be unrequited? You never even confessed to him?" Gunwook replied sarcastically. In which Gyuvin replied with a shrug.

"I don't know, just let it go. He's happy with Junhyeon and I'm pretty sure that Junhyeon likes him too" He let out a sigh, feeling a sense of acceptance.

"How'd you know?" Gunwook said raising his eyebrows.

"He told me" Gyuvin smiled, gathering his breath. "Well he didn't directly said it but, a month ago, he asked whether Taerae was seeing someone, of course I said no. And that time I knew that Taerae liked him as well so I kinda cheered him on" he added.

"This dumb bitch-" Gunwook said shaking the whole body of his friend. "You basically paired them, who do you think you are? cupid?!" He said frustratedly.

Gyuvin couldn't help but chuckle at his friend's unexpected reaction. Deep down, he did feel a twinge of regret for encouraging him to take that leap, but he genuinely believed it was better to play matchmaker between them than to force himself into Taerae's love life.

"And who's the freaking crush you'd tell him about?! You know that he takes these type of shit seriously!" Gunwook asked in frustration.

"Anyone, maybe yo-" Gyuvin was cut off by a hard head smack made by his friend.

"Dumb--" Gunwook was interrupted when the door suddenly swung open.

"Mom just asked me to buy a few groceries on the way back" Taerae informed as he sat down beside Gyuvin.

"Oh we can just sing one more song then head to the shops after" Gunwook replied as he started to choose a song.

The three sang the song they traditionally sing whenever they go to a karaoke which is HOT by Seventeen, that they butchered when they performed it on their old school contest. They eventually went to the supermarket to grab groceries just like Taerae's mom requested.