S E V E N

After a whole week had passed, the eagerly awaited moment for Taerae to confess had finally arrived. Immediately after the confession, he wasted no time in updating his friends on how it had gone. They all agreed to gather at Gyuvin's place to hang out and celebrate. However, Gyuvin and Gunwook decided to add a little surprise element to the gathering. They sensed that Taerae's confession had gone well, but just in case it hadn't, they prepared two banners - one to celebrate his success and another to uplift his spirits if things had not gone as planned. Gunwook arrived at his place two hours earlier with a cake in hand. The two boys began setting up the decorations and even ordered some delicious food to make the celebration even more enjoyable. It took them about an hour and a half to finish all the preparations, but during this time, Gunwook couldn't help but feel a sense of uneasiness. He knew that after this celebration, one of his friends would undoubtedly be feeling down. If Taerae's confession had not gone smoothly, they would be greeted by him with swollen eyes, filled with disappointment. On the other hand, if the confession had gone well, it would be Gyuvin who would be feeling a bit down, perhaps due to a lingering sense of longing of unrequited feelings.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Gunwook asked his friend worried.

"Of course I am!" Gyuvin responded with a cheerful tone, assuring the other boy that he was indeed fine. Deep down though, a tinge of sadness lingered within him as he regretted not being able to express his true feelings. Despite this internal struggle, Gyuvin chose to put on a smile on his face, not wanting to burden the other boy with any additional worries.

"For real?" Gunwook asked, his voice laced with worry. Gyuvin, however, seemed to be lost in his own thoughts, completely detached from the conversation. Sensing the sadness that was slowly engulfing the atmosphere, Gunwook decided to joke to lighten up the atmosphere. "Well at least you have Ricky now" he teased.

"Well..." Gyuvin replied casually. Hearing his answer, Gunwook widened his eyes in surprise. Gyuvin realized what he had just said and immediately took it back. "WAIT! I meant to say-um-no," he panicked.

"Wait- do you actually have feelings for him now?!" Gunwook asked with a curious tone.

"I dont..." Gyuvin softly uttered, his voice barely audible, expressing his reluctance towards the situation. However, their conversation was abruptly interrupted by the ringing sound of the doorbell, causing both of them to panic. Without wasting a second, they swiftly grabbed their party poppers and the delectable cake, their excitement intensifying as they rushed towards the door. Just then, Gyuvin yelled, "The door is open!" as they eagerly anticipated Taerae's arrival, their hearts beating with anticipation. As Taerae turned the doorknob and pushed open the door, he was met with a sudden burst of sound - a loud pop followed by the loud cheers of his friends. The unexpected display of excitement caught him off guard, as they hadn't yet discovered the outcome of the confession. However, Taerae was truly moved by the incredible effort his friends had put out. It was an act of pure kindness that deeply touched Taerae's heart, and without a moment's hesitation, he wrapped his arms around each of them, embracing them tightly in a warm and grateful hug.

In the midst of chaos and panic, Gyuvin desperately called out, "Hold on! The cake!" However, Taerae remained unbothered by it, choosing instead to embrace them tighter.

Addressing his friends, he uttered with a heavy heart, "you guys..." As he gently released his embrace, he gazed into their eyes, his own filled to the brim with an overwhelming surge of tears, indicating the depth of his emotions. The other two were taken aback, questioning whether he had been rejected or not.

"We started going out!" Taerae cheered, and the three jumped for joy. "I shouldn't have cried because it worked out, what is this!?" he chuckled.