Prologue

°°°°

°°°°

°°°°

°°°°

The mesmerizing petals of Sakura would always invade my vision no matter my position.

Having been knelt down like this should have disallowed me of knowing my surroundings and yet...

I cannot deny knowing the presence standing before me, gently gliding her hand across the hardened and sharp bark of the tree before us.

"Raise your head." A voice revealed. "My request of speaking to you in private would have little fruit if I can't meet your gaze."

Her voice was so soft, so gentle and inviting. It always made me chuckle how it would change whenever we'd report in our duties to her at the Tenshukakku.

It was almost as if I were speaking to a different person...

It would be unwise to make a God wait. I rose to my feet and met her static amethyst eyes that slowly opened to me when she took her seat near the tree. Her expression as soft as her tone previously.

Her Excellency,

The Electro Archon,

Our Ruler,

My leader,

The Raiden Ei

The Raiden Ei.

Or so that's what she specifically told me to call her.

"Seeking an audience with you always obligates respect, your Excellency." I answer with a returning smile.

"And I let you do so, but sometimes you hold those acts out for so long, I grow restless." She replied immediately.

As much time has passed and no matter how many times we've talked and worked together....I can never get over how casually such a deity could speak to someone like me.

I'm no fool to deny that our interactions are equal to that of life long friends by now and yet, such things never come into clash with our duties nor has it ever been apparent to the people of Inazuma.

It may require some rephrasing but I see no flaw in saying that I've devoted my entire life to this woman. All my years of wars and politics, all spent standing shoulder to shoulder with her.

And.....Lady Guuyji, but I'd rather not recall memories with her.

"Shall I relay this week's reports now?" I expected her approval to come but all that escaped her was a light huff of disappointment.

I worried.

"I'm aware that I'm always in need of information regarding my people and the land." She said tiredly, "But must you really bring up work when the mood is clearly set for anything else?"