8 | Till the very last drop

...

....

........

...............

"Welcome back, Captain Hadeki." Two of the resistance soldiers saluted my return.

Barely reciprocating the gesture, I soon walk ahead allowing the two to follow me.

"I hope your expedition was successful. Though you were much needed on the island, it was for the better that you dealt with this matter yourself." One of them spoke.

"Were any other delusions found while I was away?"

"None sir. But since your leave the uhhh...the training camp has been slightly uncooperative."

I didn't question on the matter as we were nearing the camp itself anyway. I'll have a look at the matter myself.

When we climbed the hill, I noticed general Gorou already at the entrance with a stand off-ish pose as if pondering something inside.

He turned once his ears twitched, likely hearing our approach already.

"Ah! Master Hadeki!" He greeted with a bright rush of respect.

"General." I returned his greetings with a smile then soon stood next to him, staring into the encampment. "Is something the matter?"

"...Ah... it's mainly the troops." He sighed and scratched his head.

I looked into the camp itself and see resistance soldiers meandering about or lazing on training grounds. Some of the huts even had closed doors, knowing the rules and regulations here that mainly symbolizes that there's men still inside their rooms refusing to come out, it is barely noon as well.

"The soldiers have been very demotivated and even uncooperative to commence with their training. Some deem themselves useless in the sense that they aren't vision bearers some are becoming sceptical in our authority ever since we confiscated and destroyed the delusions....I tried reasoning with them, lift their spirits in some tangible way but--"

"I understand, General. Please," I reach into my pocket and take out a letter. "this is the report of my findings in Yashori and what my suggestions are for our next course of action. I advise you and the Lady Priestess to read this through."

"But..."

"In the mean time, I will speak to these men. You needn't worry any longer." I give him a gentle smile once again. Gorou took some time to find his faith in me but eventually nodded and headed off back to the shrine.

"You two. Inside." I ordered my two followers.

As I walked in with them, our prominent stomping caused the loitering soldiers to mutter and nudge each other of my coming as they immediately fumbled about and stood at attention.

"Captain!"
"It is good to see you returning in good health!"
"Good morning, Captai-"

"I depart for a day and I receive complaints of incompetence from our General?" I roar my voice. "Do I need to ask for a proper explanation?"

It has been some time since I ever used this tone of voice. However, I've gotten used to it once again ever since I accepted to train the recruits. Some may think of me as twisted to think that I missed using such harsh demeanor...but this is the only language the honor of the Shogunate approves.

"W-WE...UHH...!"

"..."

None of them brought forth any reasonable response or any response for that matter. Until one...